Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
At the apple farm
Laz - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 11:05:24 am
Ducks huddling down in the snow, (and no road salt.)
Like the ducks, I'm shivering. It's been cold, cold, cold here the last couple weeks. Looking forward to retirement winters (in the not-too-distant future), someplace warm, Boxster and golf friendly.

Arizona's on my radar - Any PPBB members live (or winter) there?
And steering wheel. Look Ma, no gloves! *NM*
Laz - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 11:49:37 am
Don't move to this Arizona town:
Laz - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 11:56:34 am
Roger987
Like the ducks, I'm shivering. It's been cold, cold, cold here the last couple weeks. Looking forward to retirement winters (in the not-too-distant future), someplace warm, Boxster and golf friendly.

Arizona's on my radar - Any PPBB members live (or winter) there?

Yes, we purchased a retirement home in Arizone in 2010 while real estate was way down. Just a few more years and we'll be snowbird-ing there. smiling smiley
Depending on location, it's a nice city:
Bulhead City, AZ
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
A little snow can be a good thing cool smiley
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 1:24:32 pm

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: A little snow can be a good thing cool smiley
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 2:39:18 pm
That would get me up there....and for more than 4 hours drinking smiley

Re: A little snow can be a good thing cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 3:16:23 pm
In that case, you should be up here by tomorrow. Cool. That way, I'll also get to see your new ride before everyone else at BRBS.

PS. Contrary to what you might hear on the news. The freezing rain has already stopped for today.
So when are you coming north to prove it? winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 12:05:25 pm
Your new ride will love it here. You'd love it with a bit of flavour and character instead of just plain vanilla.

Re: So when are you coming north to prove it? winking smiley
MikenOH - Monday, 28 January, 2013, at 3:38:36 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Your new ride will love it here. You'd love it with a bit of flavour and character instead of just plain vanilla.

Yuck--that's a good one, Guenter!
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
"Side diffuser" *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 1:56:42 pm
One more; a bit more compositional interest:
Laz - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 11:38:09 am
Yes, and "snickier," too.
Laz - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 1:58:17 pm
Have to drive my old one to check the throw lengths, although that was a five speed.
The throw lengths are markedly shorter than on my 5 speed. It feels like a short shifter to me.

Gary in SoFL
The throw lengths are markedly shorter than on my 5 speed. It feels like a short shifter to me.

It does does it? winking smiley

Don't worry, Gary. It'll get easier on your right rotator cuff once you get it broken in. It's all an age thing. winking smiley
Re: Yes, and "snickier," too.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 3:03:12 pm
Laz
Have to drive my old one to check the throw lengths, although that was a five speed.

When I test drove the 981 back in June, I thought the shift throws were maybe 1/2 way between the standard 987 shifter and my short shift. I'm hoping that Porsche will offer a short shifter again. If not, hopefully, there will be a good aftermarket one again.
Reminiscent of the 906. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 1:59:08 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login