Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Lost wheel lock, any ideas where to get just one wheel lock?
Frissen - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 7:05:22 pm
Somehow my front left wheel lock is gone, it is number 22, any ideas where to get just one wheel lock?

TIA

Frissen
I think you have to buy them in sets. Otherwise, you'd have to have two different "keys" to lo remove/tighten them.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
The dealer will sell you one
Boxsterra - Wednesday, 30 January, 2013, at 10:51:36 pm
If you have the code you can call them on the phone and have them order one. No biggie.
Re: The dealer will sell you one
Frissen - Thursday, 31 January, 2013, at 12:02:41 pm
Boxsterra
If you have the code you can call them on the phone and have them order one. No biggie.

Here in Mexico they only sell it by the set :/

Do US dealers sell it by the piece?
I may be confusing two things
Boxsterra - Thursday, 31 January, 2013, at 7:33:49 pm
I know that you can buy the anti-theft socket separately (I bought an extra one) but when I look at the parts diagram I don't see any single anti-theft bolts. So maybe you can't. I would give Suncoast Porsche a call and ask.
Ask yourself if you really need one
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Thursday, 31 January, 2013, at 10:51:12 pm
I took mine off on my previous 4 cars and replaced with a stud and don't have em on my current 2. Granted they were all stock wheels and so perhaps not prime targets but none of them would fetch much less than a K as a set. Didn't want to have to fool with the locks on a dark and rainy night. Plus one time a dealer took/lost my special socket.

Oddest thing, I took the full-wheel plastic hubcaps off my Prius only to find "mag" wheels underneath. Now why would they do that? Only reason I can think of is to make the stock wheels look crappy so they could sell more up-optioned models that have bigger "mag" wheels that show.
Totally agree with Mike
RainyDayGarage - Friday, 1 February, 2013, at 10:34:06 am
Have been "lock-free" ever since we broke one of the key during a Summer/Winter tire change.

Can see if the car has expensive aftermarket rims/wheels, but definitely more of a PIA than they are worth for stock wheels.
Get some nice chrome bolts and call it a day.

We have been using these from Boothe Design and they have held up well for over six years:
[www.rainydaymagazine.com]
Re: Totally agree with Mike
Rob in CO - Friday, 1 February, 2013, at 11:01:40 am
Also agree. Ditched mine years ago and replaced with regular studs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login