Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
PCA NOR Tech Session: Porsche Parade 2013
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Sunday, 17 February, 2013, at 8:53:32 pm
The PCA Northern Ohio Chapter comprises 650-members and is pretty active. Several times a year they sponsor Tech Sessions on different topics. Yesterday, I attended one at Stoddard's Auto Parts in Highlands Hgts, Ohio about the upcoming Porsche Parade. The Session was aimed at those people (like me), whom had never before attended a Parade. The Session lasted 2-hours and included several handouts that explained what the Parade included.

The speakers were three NOR members who were long-time Parade attendees, one of whom has been to every Parade for the last 45-years. There were a total of 37-NOR members in attendance, almost all of whom indicated after the presentation that they would be attending this year's Parade. The dates are June 23-29, and the cost is $159 per couple. PCNA and the Porsche family support the Parade and will be in attendance.

The meeting was held in a large room in the business where the owner stores cars belonging to he and his friends. Sorry, no Boxsters were present. moody smiley

For those not familiar with the Parade, it has been going on since 1956 and alternates between the left coast and east of the Mississippi. Last year it was in Salt Lake City and this year it is in Traverse City, Michigan. The Parade lasts a full week, which different types of events held on different days: Concours at the beginning, then Autocross, Rallies, seminars, dinners, RC racing, golf, and tours later in the week.

Being a new Porsche owner and interested in all things Porsche, Traverse City is within driving range (6-hours) for me, so we will be going for part of the Parade. We hope to go the latter half of the week when the driving tours will be held.

Porsche Parade 2013

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login