Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
windshield protection kit questions
MikenOH - Monday, 25 February, 2013, at 9:39:58 pm
From the Rennlist:
[forums.rennlist.com]

Supposedly a DIY for $289 to protect from the sandblasting that happens to auto windshields over time.

Our 987 windshield was really peppered after almost 7 years. Has anyone used or heard how effective this protective film is?
Re: windshield protection kit questions
Laz - Monday, 25 February, 2013, at 10:02:09 pm
If it isn't applied perfectly the concern might be "color interference phenomena," kind of like this:
[nuweb.neu.edu]
My car has a dealer applied treatment called Crystal Fusion that supposedly hardens the glass by some significant factor and also causes water to "run off instantly." While on my cross-country trip something hit the windshield very hard with a loud CRACK, yet a careful examination later revealed nothing. I think the treatment saved the glass. I don't think the water repulsion claim is valid, though. My first day out I ran into the mother of all rainstorms, and I was blinded as much as any other driver. Rain-X is still the one effective solution for that as far as I know.
Re: windshield protection kit questions
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 26 February, 2013, at 6:13:56 pm

My car has a dealer applied treatment called Crystal Fusion

From a vision standpoint, this makes A LOT more sense than a physical coating to a front windshield I would think that such a coating would cause visual distortion, especially at nite when headlights shine thru it.

I may check into Crystal Fusion. Laz, how much did you get charged for it?

Rain-X is still the one effective solution for that as far as I know.

I use

Invisible Glass
. It works well and last quite awhile.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 06:14PM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
Check your PM folder. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 27 February, 2013, at 9:29:31 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login