Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Central Locking Unit nightmare boxster s 00
aca357 - Saturday, 23 March, 2013, at 6:34:42 pm
just like many others I got wet my central licking unit , I follow Pedro advice I remove the CLU and drunk it in isopropyl I let it dry and put it back, the car start and drives as normal but

the symptoms are : 1 doors won lock (it unlocks itself when I use the key and it will beeps the horn twice , 2: the dash lock switch (button with a key) does not work at all (the light won turn on )
the trunk & hood were lock some how I unlock them by pushing something between the latch next to the driver seat

I have

checked all the fuses included the one in the CLU
I have replaced the dash lock switch with another one that I bought from ebay but no luck
I also check that the center console is closing properly

Additionnal info: before it got wet I used to heard a whire noise by the front right bumper ,(probably the fuel actuator going bad) but no more noise I guess it shouldn't affect the dash lock switch , I know the alarm still works because when I turn the driverside lock three times to the lock position , it will lock just the driver side ,but if I do that and then I open the passenger door ,the alarm goes off

boxter s 2000 3.2 Thanks alot for your help ! really appreciated it
I dont have any experience (thank goodness) but did you...
grant - Sunday, 24 March, 2013, at 9:17:12 am
...double check the connectors, both ends (plug and receptacle)?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
The CLU seems Go be ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 24 March, 2013, at 9:33:36 am
... working properly.
It sounds as if one of your door locking mechanisms is bad.
That's why it unlocks itself.
The dual beep means that something is not closed properly.
It may also be the same door locking mechanism that doesn't sense the latch is closed.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: The CLU seems Go be ...
aca357 - Sunday, 24 March, 2013, at 7:14:34 pm
Thanks! for having this forum is of a big help ! ,I check the connector behind the switch and it looks fine , I don't really know where the other end is but I will follow the wires , I found a passenger lock mechanism in ebay for about $25 I know I can't expect much for that price but they say that is working , I remove the door panel pull the passenger door plug to test the one I bought before installing it but It does the same little click as the old one , looks like it does get voltage because it make a little noise when I lock with the key, this week I will mount the passenger lock completely and see if it does make any diference

I know the gas door actuator is completely gone , do you think that it may cause the dash door lock switch to stop working and unlock itself?
. *NM*
aca357 - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 10:26:11 pm
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 10:29PM by aca357. (view changes)
Re: Central Locking Unit nightmare boxster s 00
droptop986 - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 12:47:54 pm
I had the symptoms you speak of in my 986 right after I replaced my window regulator and the locking unit was sensing the window was not closed. I took the door panel off, adjusted the window up a bit and that did the trick.
aca357 - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 10:28:57 pm
ŸThanks droptop986! I will try that this weekend , I also will drop the top and lock te car and see if it does it again thumbs up
Chris in Va Beach - Thursday, 28 March, 2013, at 1:17:02 am
The central locking unit has a fuse. It is blown. Bet you money.
aca357 - Sunday, 31 March, 2013, at 6:33:57 pm
Thanks ! Chris could be nice I you would've win this bet smiling smiley but I check it today and the fuse was ok , also I adjusted the windows as droptop986 said, but no luck does anyone believe that the gas actuator might be the reason ?
aca357 - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 1:16:54 pm
Hi to all I'm back with still the same problem , but this time I got a generic piwis cable to diagnostic and this are the codes I get , really appreciated your help,

Fault Number: 34
Description: No passenger compartment monitoring
Repair Infomation: Interior monitoring sensor short to B+ or faulty
Repair Infomation: Status: Present
Repair Infomation: Number of times DTC present: 1
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 46
Description: No central locking possible
Repair Infomation: Central locking synchronization
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 58
Description: No current in tank servo motor despite relay actuation
Repair Infomation: Check connection on pins 5 or 10 and 1 or 2 on shift elements
Repair Infomation: Number of times DTC present: 3
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 7
Description: No central locking possible
Repair Infomation: Central lock button closed short to B+
Repair Infomation: Status: Not present
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 45
Description: Central locking or unlocking not possible
Repair Infomation: Server motor, central locking system short to B+
Repair Infomation: Number of times DTC present: 4
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 61
Description: Central locking limit position unlocked not reached
Repair Infomation: Check pin 3, 5, 28
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 60
Description: Central locking limit position locked not reached
Repair Infomation: Switch for central locking is faulty
Repair Infomation: Number of times DTC present: 9
dtcCount = 8
Fault Number: 33
Description: No passenger compartment monitoring
Repair Infomation: Interior monitoring sensor faulty
Repair Infomation: Number of times DTC present: 2
9X6 Alarm Selected
About to get fault codes
moduleType = AlarmI32
dtcCount = 8

Do you think that resetting the alarm unit could help? I have tried to reset it with the diagnostic tool but there is not option to it , is there another way to reset it?

thanks a lot for your help
thom4782 - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 6:53:35 pm
If you still have the cable, try this to narrow things down. Clear all the codes. The actuate the central system and see what codes reappear. Try to do this in a systematic way. Start with the lock button on the center console. See what codes appear and if one or both of the door lock. if one door locks, the the locking mechanism on the other door is likely malfunctioning. If no codes appear after a few tries, then move on to trying the key in the lock. Again, see if one or both doors lock. Then on to the remote.
aca357 - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 7:38:19 pm
Hi Thom thanks for your help! , the durametric software has not option to reset the alarm codes confused smiley I been thinking on removing the battery and see if it clears the codes, do you think it will help?
thom4782 - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 1:48:38 am
It's been a while since I looked, but I was under the impression that the Durametric program - at least the latest version for my cable- can "clear" the codes. Durametric says the same thing on its website under the model feature matrix. Try starting the program and select the alarm module from the menu on the left. Expand it and you'll see erase fault codes as an option. If you click on that, it should do the trick. I don't have my cable hooked up to the car at the moment, but also look at the activations menu choice in the expanded alarm menu. It may let you test specific components.
aca357 - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 1:34:16 pm
! Sure I will check that today thanks !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login