Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
For about $2.6 million, you can do it. But, you'd better snap one up before all 8 are gone.

[ca.autoblog.com]
Even the Porsche Carrera GT .... just no desire at all. We barely can understand the amazing technology in our own Porsche sports cars let alone these stupid things. Yes, I said stupid. To understand our cars, and be better/safer drivers, we must track our cars... something I and other folks highly recommend. Look at this another way, 50% of the population like bigger.... b**bs. So then, let's super size them. Do you really want that? Yuck.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Re: Want to cut your open top commute time waaaaaaay down?
chrismmm - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 11:16:06 am
lmao. great response my friend. If offered to me I would drive it on the track a few times and then sell it and get another porsche.

chrismmm: 2007-987 . jet black . north georgia
PCA PST member
My perfect livery ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 12:29:11 pm
... would be a nice pickup (maybe a Dodge RAM with long bed and extended cabin) a new 981 and my current '98 Boxster.
Oh, and a Boxster Spec Racer like this one:

[i83.photobucket.com]

I would not own one of those super-machines either.
I'm lucky enough to have driven many of them at the track, as a guest of the marque or as an instructor of a super-car-student-driver.
As an instructor I've had the pleasure to drive a CGT and a GT2, GT3R, GT3RS, GT3RSR.
As a guest I've driven an Enzo, a Ford GT and an Aventador among others.
I have yet to drive a Veyron.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I like your stable.
grant - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 5:58:54 pm
I really wish i could have a nice tow rig, but space is limiting.

I never, ever feel my 986 is limiting my fun. On track, and this speaks as much to my confidence as the car, i still only use WOT consistently when the track is straight, or soon to be so. So i cant *really* use the power there either (yet anyway).

While I'm not building a spec, that's largely because i don't see that series going anywhere. I am doing something similar, and building a 986S track car in which i can make more aggressive trade offs than i can in a DD. It must remain sufficiently street legal and comfortable to get me to Lexington, OH, Alton VA and other far away places.

We had a 981 on track this week at LRP. It was an impressive machine.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: My perfect livery ...
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 10:00:23 pm
I'm with you, Pedro. I have no need for a truck. For me, a Boxster is the perfect car. Not too big. Not too small. Just a perfect size. Handles like a dream. You can drive it as a DD, on the track or take take it through the twistties.

Just not sure where you can actually DRIVE those expensive exotics.
The truck is needed for...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 14 April, 2013, at 7:29:04 am
... towing the Boxster racecar to the track.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: The truck is needed for...
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 14 April, 2013, at 9:26:28 am
I wasn't suggesting that you don't need a truck, specially given your passion for racing. Figured that, and your business would make a truck come in handy. Just that I agree that the Boxster is, for me, the perfect car. I know that the exotics attract a lot of attention and if you have unlimited funds, there's nothing wrong with having one or some of them. (the Jay Lenos of the world have to do something with their money.)

My prime choice would always be the Boxster. Take it to the store, on a road trip, into the twisties or to the track and in every case, it leaves you with a case of permagrin. Can't think of any other car that would do all that for me.

Happy Boxstering for sure.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login