Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I think that the low frequency part of my sound system isn't getting any power. I almost never hear it, but once in a while the low frequency sound suddenly turns on. Usually it only stays on for a few seconds, as it it only wants to remind me of how good things "could" be. My car has the sound package plus option. Does anyone know where the low frequency speakers are? I would like to check if they are getting power, but I'm not familiar with the system. I might also remove the plastic in the front trunk to inspect the connections at the amplifier (assuming that's where it is) but again, I'm very unfamiliar with the layout. Any ideas out there?
First, I had the location of the amp wrong - glad I didn't take anything apart. It's behind the toolkit in the front trunk, and easy to access. Second, apparently the speakers that play the low frequency stuff are the only ones controlled by the amp, and that this is a classic problem. I removed my amp, and the sound didn't change at all. Third, there's a guy in Norway who says that he can repair the amp. He's cheaper than a new amp (which is $400), and his fix includes something to keep the problem from coming back (which often happens with a straight swap of the part). If anyone else has the same problem (only high frequency sound from a 987), they might want to try him: [www.bergvillfx.com]. I haven't tried him yet, but I plan to.
Re: may have found a solution, if anyone's interested
goldened - Sunday, 14 April, 2013, at 11:00:31 pm
I have intermittent loss of Bass in my 2005 Boxster S. I am interested in if [www.bergvillfx.com] works for you.
Looks like a creative entrepreneur
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 16 April, 2013, at 9:10:40 am
We wholeheartedly support that spirit around here.
worked out well
Steve (Morro Bay) - Friday, 10 May, 2013, at 8:59:40 pm
Tore was easy to interact with, and the fix worked.

Forgot to mention, it took about 18 days all told. Almost all of that was shipping time. Not bad at all for un-enhanced shipping between Norway and Iowa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 09:05PM by Steve (Iowa). (view changes)
Are you still satisfied with the results?
What was the cost?
What did you have to do?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login