Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
On my 2009 C2S....

Auto-upping.... is that a real word?

Actually, it will auto-up but not until the window is about half-way up, then it goes. Really really annoying. Anybody experience this?

I posted this question on another 997 forum but I found the technical expertise here really good.

I suspect Porsche uses the same system in all their cars of this vintage. The window switches have two clicks, the first is for switch control of movement, push it more and the second trigger sets the window into auto up or down. Down works fine.

Peace
Bruce
If you've ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 16 April, 2013, at 9:47:48 am
... replaced the battery or lost power recently you may have to reset the memory for the windows.
Lower the window completely then click the switch down again.
Raise the window completely then click the switch up again.
You may have to repeat it to fully reset the position memory.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I just had a response on another board..... it is actually denoted in my manual... and is a purposely designed feature of the C2 Coupe only (not the cab). The auto feature does not work until the half-point and only for the passenger window in the coupe. I read that manual a bunch of times and I did not see this aspect. I will blame the manual; you are welcome to blame me. Just be kind.

Oh, and you are also free to invoke the "wisdom of the engineers" or the "wisdom of the lawyers" either of which their art is beyond my little mind.

Always interesting......

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login