Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
The Boxster never ceases to amaze me
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 17 April, 2013, at 7:50:35 pm
Well, I've had the CURVEN8R out for a little over a week now. Because of all the rain and cold temperatures, I've only driven it on 3 days so far. Monday was the best drive - about 90 miles in 60 degree temps, top and windows down. I always remember how much fun it is to drive. But, after not driving it for 4 1/2 months, it seemed to feel better than every. Monday's drive included a few twisty bits. It's just glued to the road and so tossable, making that terrifice sound as the Symphony in Flat Six rises and falls as you're following those curves. It's like slipping on your favourite shoes and dancing with your favourite gal to your favourite tune. Man, does it feel good.

Life is good.
Re: The Boxster never ceases to amaze me
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Wednesday, 17 April, 2013, at 9:02:01 pm
I've put almost 200-miles already on mine. We took it for a Sunday drive and got ice cream, drove it to work once, and went to dinner twice. Tomorrow it will be unseasonably warm and the car will go to work again.

So much fun to drive; so little time. smiling bouncing smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Re: The Boxster never ceases to amaze me
jwdbox - Wednesday, 17 April, 2013, at 9:38:59 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Well, I've had the CURVEN8R out for a little over a week now. Because of all the rain and cold temperatures, I've only driven it on 3 days so far. Monday was the best drive - about 90 miles in 60 degree temps, top and windows down. I always remember how much fun it is to drive. But, after not driving it for 4 1/2 months, it seemed to feel better than every. Monday's drive included a few twisty bits. It's just glued to the road and so tossable, making that terrifice sound as the Symphony in Flat Six rises and falls as you're following those curves. It's like slipping on your favourite shoes and dancing with your favourite gal to your favourite tune. Man, does it feel good.

Life is good.
Nicely stated Guenter! Enjoy cool smiley
While you people winking smiley from warmer climes may mock our northern Puritanical deprivations, I'm soo with Guenter. Each spring feels like a new car. IOW 'If I ate caviar every day, it would just taste like...fish eggs'... Meanwhile spring is here (finally)!! Time to drive..

- JohnL
Boston
The Boxster is a GREAT winter car if you have a hardtop and put snow tires on it...balanced, great traction, and since it is small...quick to warm up. The only downside is the ground clearance, but not a problem once the Boston streets have been cleared.

Have been driving the 2000 Boxster through the slush, snow, and ice of Boston winters for the past 12 years and have loved every minute of it!!!

If the weather cooperates, the hardtop and snow tires will come off this weekend. With the hardtop off, it will feel like a whole different car.
Looking forward to leaving the city for the day and driving out to Essex for some fried clams :-)
You are of course talking about different climates. In January and February, Boston is on average about 10 degrees warmer than Southern Ontario.

How much salt and sand do they use on the roads of Boston in Winter?
Tons of sand and salt used in Boston.... cars are completely white / encrusted after a big storm (especially after this past winter). We ski all winter, so we've got an AWD wagon, and another AWD coupe, all with proper snow tires and steel wheels. Since the Boxster is a third car, I prefer to use her all summer 'top down' - most of my friends have never seen the top up, while storing her during the 'off season'. Just one person's perspective...
Mine has 4 16"snow tires on it.
grant - Friday, 19 April, 2013, at 1:51:05 pm
..or it *did*, until a few weeks back ( and Lime Rock)

I don't TRY to use it in bad weather, but it can get around fine.

And there are lots of beautiful, 20-30 deg, sunny days. Top-up, yes, but grin up too.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
A renewal and reaffirmation of life! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 19 April, 2013, at 5:20:26 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login