Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Apparently i need to remove the aluminum transmission cover and the diagonal braces (not sure why the braces...)

With the flat aluminum panel and the diagonal braces removed, is there any chance of things moving out of alignment?
Anything i need to watch for?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
removing the panel and braces will not impact the car's alignment.

I've had the Boxster tranny fluid changed 3 make that 4 times and there has never been any issue from the panel and braces being removed.

Now I'm sorry to say I do not know if the car was supported by its tires/wheels or the body lift points were used to lift the car. This could make a difference.
Grant

MarcW
removing the panel and braces will not impact the car's alignment.

I've had the Boxster tranny fluid changed 3 make that 4 times and there has never been any issue from the panel and braces being removed.

Now I'm sorry to say I do not know if the car was supported by its tires/wheels or the body lift points were used to lift the car. This could make a difference.

If the car is loading its suspension, removing the diagonal braces and the skid plate WILL change the camber in the rear.
It will allow the stance to widen by up to 3 mm if allowed to sit there for a while and especially if it's rolled with the braces off.
If the car is supported by its jackstands there will be no adverse change to suspension settings.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thank you. *NM*
grant - Monday, 22 April, 2013, at 3:21:38 pm
Grant

Re: Thank you.
grant - Monday, 22 April, 2013, at 3:23:30 pm
Now i need to get the car higher. I can't swing a wrench under the fill plug with the height i get from my preferred stands....

(aka 2- 18" x 6 x 6 pressure treated stock, stacked)

I don't generally (like to) trust commercial jack stands.

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login