Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Radio: Aftermarket headunit for my 2001 986s?
Petee_C - Thursday, 9 May, 2013, at 11:55:47 am
Should I run an aftermarket Head Unit in my 986s? I already put the AUX cable in to plug my phone/ipod into it for tunes. Recently I've been listening to sports talk shows on my commute via internet radio (I live and commute in the hicks).

I was thinking something with bluetooth integration might be nice.

Anyone miss their stock CDR 220?

My stock HU, is sometimes having problems with the screen. Sometimes it's really dim. I wiggle it and it goes back to normal illumination. Or it could be my 40yr old eyes, and the fact I wear polarized clipons.

Peter
Re: Radio: Aftermarket headunit for my 2001 986s?
danz76 - Friday, 10 May, 2013, at 2:59:17 pm
Do not hesitate a moment longer. Trash that awful CDR220 and get yourself a nice Alpine or other good head unit. I love my Apline, and don't miss the CRD220 a bit. The dimness is not your eyes or your sunglasses - its your old head unit dying a slow death. It's not worth fixing.
Beware: These improvements become contagious. I've also replaced the factory amplifier (huge difference) with an aftermarket Pioneer, replaced all of the speakers and installed a small aftermarket subwoofer behind the passenger seat. I am very pleased with the results -- a huge improvement over the stock setup.
Might be easily fixable
Boxsterra - Friday, 10 May, 2013, at 8:56:16 pm
Try cleaning the contacts on the removable faceplate and on the radio where they meet.
I installed a pioneer 940 bt and its one of my favorite upgrades. I bought a special mount off eBay that made the install look stock and simple to complete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login