Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
TPMS sensor replacement question
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 13 May, 2013, at 9:45:51 am
I'm posting this for a friend who recently purchased a 2007 997 cab.

He had one sensor replaced last week at a local garage. The mechanic was under the impression that he had to get the code off the old unit to reprogram the new?? The local mechanic call a local Porsche dealer and spoke to the service rep. Turns out all you need to do is remove the old and install the new which is what we did on one wheel. Dealer wanted $192 per sensor, and the local garage charged me $55. The sensor is a 433 mhz and made in Germany. Well, after driving around for 30 minutes or so, still no reading.

He did the resets on the OBC as per the manual.

Does anyone know if the computer needs to be reset for the new sensor in order to get a reading? Any suggestions?
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
two suggestions..........
Harvey in FL - Monday, 13 May, 2013, at 9:32:12 pm
1. Put vehicle into relearn mode (engine running), drop the pressure in each tire 5-8psi, wait a couple seconds, reinflate to the door placard spec, then drive for 10-15mins.

2. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the battery for more than 30 seconds and try the above procedure again.

Good luck
Re: two suggestions..........
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 13 May, 2013, at 11:15:05 pm
Harvey in FL
1. Put vehicle into relearn mode (engine running), drop the pressure in each tire 5-8psi, wait a couple seconds, reinflate to the door placard spec, then drive for 10-15mins.

2. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the battery for more than 30 seconds and try the above procedure again.

Good luck

Thanks Harvey. I'll pass it on.

How do you put the 997 into relearn mode? Through the OBC? Don't think I have that feature on my 987.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
took me a while to discover the learning mode
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 14 May, 2013, at 12:13:43 am
on my 2007 cayman. Click around a bit. I bet you have it too.
It isn't just the system detecting different sensors?
Laz - Tuesday, 14 May, 2013, at 8:53:46 am
Switching back to summer tires, I believe there was an inquiry on the right (multifunction) display, with further prompts to have the system "learn" the sensors.
Thanks Laz and Steve
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 14 May, 2013, at 10:38:19 am
Laz
Switching back to summer tires, I believe there was an inquiry on the right (multifunction) display, with further prompts to have the system "learn" the sensors.

I can't find a "learn" to select on my 06. In the manual it sounds like tire sensor learning happens automatically as you drive (after you set the tire size and type). I can't try it since I don't have TPMS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login