Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Track update
MikenOH - Sunday, 19 May, 2013, at 5:12:15 pm
Just finished a 3 day event at Mid-OH with Grant's group--NNJPCA--and the car passed with flying colors.

Oil temps never exceeded 250; 240-245 was typical while running 20 minute session in 80 deg. temps and, of course, the temp gauge never moved over 200-- amazing don't you think
Had hoped to finish the year on stock pads but I think the car just has too much top end and/or braking areas for a track like MidOH to be effective for more than 15 minutes--so hello Carbotech or Pagid ($-gulp).
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Hope you all had a great time.

Grant

Grant

Re: Track update
Dave In MD - Sunday, 19 May, 2013, at 6:43:40 pm
MikenOH
Had hoped to finish the year on stock pads but I think the car just has too much top end and/or braking areas for a track like MidOH to be effective for more than 15 minutes--so hello Carbotech or Pagid ($-gulp).

Was at Mid OH last week end with Potomac and Maumee Valley. The Pagid Oranges I was running did fine. They're a little pricy, but having brakes at the end of the back straight is a good thing! smiling smiley

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Been happy with Pagids.
Rob in CO - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 10:11:24 am
I did Orange for the past two years. Trying Yellow this year. Feel pretty much the same so far (2 weekends) but supposedly will last longer and thus justify the increased cost. I switch out street/track between events. Track pads are too noisy and the change only takes me about 30 minutes all around now.
Are they a better track pad? No!

But they are rotor friendly and quiet, even on the street. So you don't eat rotors, you don't have to change pads, and they dont grind rotors when cold.

With an MOT of 1200 deg F they won't melt either. Might you want more friction? Maybe. Meh, step on the peddle harder.

Grant

Grant

Pagid Yellows...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 1:29:57 pm
... generally will last less than Orange on short events.
Yellows are actually an endurance pad so they don't react too well to the harsher environment of sprint races.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Pagid Orange
Dave In MD - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 2:17:54 pm
I have been using the Pagid Orange for a few years now. I too change street to track pads for an event. I have a nice impact wrench and floor jack so it only takes a few extra minutes when I'm putting on the track tires.

Yes, they're Pagid so of course they squeal, but on the track I don't care. My thought is they don't fade, they're Pagid's version of "rotor friendly" and their easy to get from my local racing shop. Running hard at Mid-O and VIR this year, I didn't have any fade or issues.

If there are better pads these days, I'd love to hear other's thoughts within this use case. I'm always open to better track times! smiling smiley

Dave

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login