Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have hurricane panels stored in the top corner of my garage. They are difficult to reach and I would like to find a hoist that can pick up 500 lb.
Most of the hoists/lifts that i have seen can only hold 250 lb and cost around $250. I haven't seen a reputable product online that can hold more weight
without spending thousands....

It can be manual or electric.

Here is the closest thing that I have found but there are no reviews and it seems pricey.

Example

Looking for a 500 lb garage lift hoist.....Any ideas?

Example

Anybody have ideas?
If you're simply looking for a hoist, Amazon sells a 4000 lb capacity rope hoist with a 7:1 mechanical advantage for about $15. See: [www.amazon.com]
Box rail with some rollers and a cheap electric winch (or manual block & tackle) makes a great way to lift and then roll the suspended gear out of the way.

Example rails & associated hardware: [www.grainger.com] Some Lowes and Tractor Supply locations sell them too. Though, to get bends (90 degree turns) they're usually special order.

I'm hanging an old and rather heavy Jeep hard top in my basement using something along these lines. Works great and only cost about $100 with all needed hardware.
For a few more ideas, one of our BRBS sponsors has a few different hoists & overhead storage units: CarGuyGarage.com. Don't see where they use any roll-away rails though.

Be prepared to pay through the nose at Grainger... Get the same stuff at Lowes, Home Depot, or TSC. Depending on how much weight you're thinking you might want to double up on tracks & trolleys. Stanley rates their box rail hardware at something like 450 lbs using multiple trolleys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login