Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Small Powered Subs for the boxster.
Petee_C - Tuesday, 11 June, 2013, at 12:00:48 pm
I've upgraded the HU on my Boxster to a Kenwood KDC-BT855U. I'm learning the features (it has features, unlike the CDR 220 it replaced). I'm liking it so far. I have a pair of Kicker 4" coaxials to put in the dash as soon as the wiring harness comes in, and I get the nerve to butcher the stock speakers to attach the aftermarkets to the grill.

I'm wondering about a small powered sub. In Canada, I've discovered that Crutchfield dot ca has great service and decent prices. I'm looking at the Sound Ordinance 8-PTD unit for $209 Cdn. I can fit it into the passenger footwell, without sacrificing too much legroom.

[www.crutchfield.ca]

My passenger seat is
75% empty
20% my kids occupy it with the Airbag off.
5% wife whose 5'7"ish

Peter
Anyone add a 'mini sub' to their boxster?
[video]http://youtu.be/bodVVtqmbZE[/video]
Pretty much plug and play. Crutchfield is really good at supplying the harnesses that you would need. Don't have to muck up any wiring. Only thing you need to do is unplug the alarm wire for the original head unit.

Lots of tips on the Internet.
Re: Small Powered Subs for the boxster.
danz76 - Wednesday, 12 June, 2013, at 9:36:29 am
I have one installed behind the passenger seat. Plug and play. I highly reccomend it.
8 gauge wiring for a small amp? Really?
Petee_C - Friday, 14 June, 2013, at 12:01:06 am
danz,

What gauge wiring did you use for the power and ground for your sub.....

I see a lot of 8 gauge kits.... Seems to be a little bit of overkill, especially for the short distances. Did you go right to the battery for the positive lead?

I was thinking about using maybe 12gauge stranded copper wire, looking for red and black at maybe homedepot. I have everything else I need.

thanks,
Peter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login