Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have put some miles on my Boxster since I last posted. No more problems with the 1-2 shift now. The slight pause in neutral has become natural. In a couple of weeks I'll be introducing myself to the local dealer service department for some warranty work. The drivers side outside mirror has something loose which causes a rattle and vibration. It took me awhile to figure out how to demonstrate the issue to the tech. On the passenger side mirror, you can pull the mirror back toward the rear of the car against the spring, release it, and the assembly is as solid as if it were cast out of a single piece of material when it springs back into position. On the drivers side, the spring is weaker and the rattle is apparent when the mirror springs back. Does anybody know if the mirror parts are servicable without replacing the housing? It may be a silly question, but I had a 95 Corvette that had a mirror motor die under warranty and the shop wanted to replace the entire mirror and repaint the new housing. I had a shop manual for the car and knew that the internal parts could be replaced and insisted that they just replace the guts so I kept the factory paint job.

Is there a good description somewhere of procedure to get at the engine from the trunk? Before I take the car in I'd like to do a visual inspection for leaks and anything out of place. Thanks.

Steve
The owners manual tells you how to access to motor
grant - Wednesday, 19 June, 2013, at 3:18:30 pm
There is also a how to, i think, on pedrosgarage.com, if not email me and i'll rummage about for soemthing to email you.

All thsi stuff will be 986, but similar.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login