Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I complained to Nationwide about the poor installation of glass done at my Porsche dealer by Safelite. Surprise! Nationwide engaged Safelite, and Safelite called my Porsche dealer to apologize. They offered to re-do the installation. The dealer said "no" and are going to use someone they trust more and Safelite agreed to pay for this third party to re-do my windshield installation.

Interesting. The insurance companies carry some weight eh?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Good for you! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 7:19:16 pm
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S)
I complained to Nationwide about the poor installation of glass done at my Porsche dealer by Safelite. Surprise! Nationwide engaged Safelite, and Safelite called my Porsche dealer to apologize. They offered to re-do the installation. The dealer said "no" and are going to use someone they trust more and Safelite agreed to pay for this third party to re-do my windshield installation.

Interesting. The insurance companies carry some weight eh?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Indeed peace. Nice to hear that you got someone to stand up and do the right thing.

It also shows that it's good to contact the parties involved, talk with them and give them a chance to resolve the issue.

Glad it worked out for you.
Safelite asks "How high?"

But it works both ways.

The bad way I ran into with my 996 repair. The first body shop told me my insurance company was using its business as a club. The body shop owner told me he gets 40% of his business from this insurance company and didn't want to risk losing that much business by going against the insurance company regarding the cost saving, corner cutting repair it wanted his shop do do. So when I asked him what I should do he told me to "get mad" and yank my car out of his shop and take it to another shop. I did and did. Later I found out he was so mad at the insurance company for what it tried to force upon him he threw the company out, that is I guess refused to take anymore of its business.
Since Nationwide would be a huge account for Safelite, you would hope they would listen to them.
My dealer, when they saw the crappy work, said they would make it good and get the glass reset. I assume they would try and go back and get Safelite to pay, maybe not. Regardless, the Porsche dealer would back the work and eat the additional cost if they had to.

Just a long strange trip...... I still feel that we car owners need to be wary of Safelite not using OEM glass when we have OEM replacement on our policies as I have experienced this issue twice now with them.... as did a few friends of mine.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
More About Safelite
whall - Saturday, 22 June, 2013, at 2:12:29 pm
I'm not totally sure of the facts leading up to this situation.......but, it seems that Safelite removed the windshield from a Boxster at my dealer and left without replacing it with a new windshield! The rub being that the dealer doesn't use Safelite's services. My dealer uses an independent for glass replacement.

The car's owner may have arranged to have Safelite change the windshield. But, to say there was some confusion and consternation about leaving without finishing the job would be putting it mildly. As I drove away, I saw one of the technicians putting the windshield-less car in the shop for the weekend. I will follow up on this Monday.

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login