Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Any Board Members at the PCA National Parade?
nmanitou (Doug in MI) - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 11:39:10 am
I've been driving Boxsters for about 10 years now, but only recently joined PCA. My local region is located a couple of hours from me, and while they are active, most events are just too far.

Turns out the National Porsche Parade by PCA (a week long convention) is literally right in my back yard this year - 10 minutes from my house. I didn't sign up for anything because I don't know much about PCA. But, it is really cool to see hundreds of Porsches flooding our small town. (Bye the way, I can confirm - the "flash" and the "wave" are dead! I probably saw 30+ P cars yesterday whilel driving my Boxster. I waved or flashed everyone and got about 3 in return.

If anyone is here in Traverse City this week let me know and maybe we can connect. I'd also appreciate any advice about the virtues of PCA membership.

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
activities differ greatly region to region.

but PCA is a great organization - i ski with members, socialize, etc.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Any Board Members at the PCA National Parade?
db997S - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 1:58:17 pm
PCA membership depends on the individual and the chapter. One advantage is if you go to your dealer for parts and/or service, you maybe able to get a PCA discount. The Potomac Region here in DC has Auto X events (ncluding a school every year); track events, High Performance Driving Event (where you take a day on the track with an instructor and learn to drive your Porsche); Rallies (like a treasur hunt, but in a car); tech sessions, once a month breakfast meets, over night trips with great drives and destinations, for instance here it's the VA wine country, mountain resort, Falling Water (famous Frank Llyod Wright house in PA), etc. You also get a monthly magazine. You might be too far away for some of the social things, but the Auto X school and HPDE and Rallies are what I've taken advantage of, besides the dealer discount.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login