Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
can't get gas in 2003S tank
kmmcdonald - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 12:44:40 am
I stopped by Costco tonight for gas. I tried two different pumps with the same results: gas could not pump gas into the tank. Instead, the pump sprayed out a hole on its side. I have had trouble before getting the tank completely full at this Costco, but never have I had trouble getting gas into the tank when it was about empty. I would have tried another gas station, but it was late, and my debit card company would likely detect this as suspicious activity and disable my debit card (which has happened before).

Any suggestions?

thanks

Keith
Re: can't get gas in 2003S tank
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 8:29:05 am
kmmcdonald
I stopped by Costco tonight for gas. I tried two different pumps with the same results: gas could not pump gas into the tank. Instead, the pump sprayed out a hole on its side. I have had trouble before getting the tank completely full at this Costco, but never have I had trouble getting gas into the tank when it was about empty. I would have tried another gas station, but it was late, and my debit card company would likely detect this as suspicious activity and disable my debit card (which has happened before).

Any suggestions?

thanks

Keith

It seems that some gas pump dispensers have more sensitive sensors that shut off the flow of gas too easily. I've experienced the same type of thing at some pumps with my 06. I just avoid those pumps or even stations.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I had in mind something electrical being the issue, hence the word "fuse."
[www.google.com]
I did the search as advised (I have previously performed an ineffective search due to my search terms) and found information about the E6 fuse, but the fuse is fine. Since then, the dealer has diagnosed the problem as a bad ORVR valve, and we are awaiting arrival of the replacement part.
Re: can't get gas in 2003S tank
Ruby - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 6:49:21 pm
I had this problem in my old since departed Nissan Maxima. Went through same thing blaming gas station pumps. It turned out to be a sensor in the gas tank or filer (don't remember) and cost about $125 to fix. Suggest you go in with small amout of gas in the tank when you bring into your mechanic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login