Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
CURVEN8R 2 is getting closer
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 10:25:52 pm
The ship it was on has left Halifax and is on its way to Newark.
"Closer" six minutes into the video
Laz - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 10:49:13 pm
Re: CURVEN8R 2 is getting closer
jwdbox - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 5:25:38 pm
So then there is no truth to the rumor that someone witnessed a 981 being driven off the ship and over the side of the ramp as they were having trouble with the manual transmissionsmoking smiley. They were heard mumbling something to the effect that they had several thousand cars all with automatics and then there was this one throw back...winking smileywinking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 6:05:59 pm
jwdbox
So then there is no truth to the rumor that someone witnessed a 981 being driven off the ship and over the side of the ramp as they were having trouble with the manual transmissionsmoking smiley. They were heard mumbling something to the effect that they had several thousand cars all with automatics and then there was this one throw back...winking smileywinking smiley

So now I know how rumours get started.

You never know, with fewer and fewer people being able to drive manuals, Porsche might soon have to do factory delivery for owners who still enjoy being at one with their cars.
jwdbox - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 9:54:09 pm
I think they already offer that Gman. However you have to leave NA to take advantage of it cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 10:11:48 pm
jwdbox
I think they already offer that Gman. However you have to leave NA to take advantage of it cool smiley

Guess I should have clarified - provide factory pick-up as standard. Of course, then I'd have to do wait at the port to load the car, sail on the ship and unload the car. Somehow, I don't think those cargo ships provide cruise ship amenities. sad smiley grinning smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
No cruise ship ammenities????
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 14 July, 2013, at 11:26:21 pm
I don't know if I like that ...... they are special cars and deserve all the amenities smiling smiley . Mine will sure get the special treatment when it finally gets here, still on the dock in Emden sad smiley
Re: No cruise ship ammenities????
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 8:24:37 am
...hhmmmm. Not sure I'd want to see my car jumping in and out of the pool while on route.

On the other hand, I'm sure it would have enjoyed a cool Mobil 1 Margarita followed by a soothing P21S skin treatment. Then get a nice new 3M clear bra from the apparels shop. Come to think of it, you're right, our Boxsters do deserve that kind of treatment on their cruise. cool smiley

Yours will be here before you know it.

Any word on a cruise ship name for you car yet? (Mine boarded the ship a week after reaching Emden.)
Exactly smiling smiley ..... It'll take care of me....
Joanne in OC - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:45:32 am
And pamper me when it arrives. It deserves the best on the trip to get here, that way, it'll be nice, rested, pampered and ready for that first drive smiling smiley

No ship yet, according to the schedule they send me, my car won't be loaded onto a ship until 7/19 (4 more days). It's been there since 7/1.

Joanne
Perhaps a German version of this:
Laz - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:34:40 am
Cute..... but I'm with Guenter smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:47:20 am
I don't think I want my car going in and out of water. I don't know if it's had swim or float lessons.

Joanne
Re: Perhaps a German version of this:
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 12:07:51 pm
That last car looked like it might have been kind of craby.

Hate to think what 3K miles of salt water would do to the ECU, not to mention the seats, carpeting etc. The whole thing looks fishy to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login