Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
P0410, and P1411
986rgt - Sunday, 14 July, 2013, at 8:15:06 pm
Secondary air system malf. Any thoughts on these codes? Aos? Car running normally, no stumbles, no smoke. I suppose I should search the archives, but I know how much the experts here like to feel needed, so experts, help me out! And of course the car only would throw a code when I need to go get emissions done!

Steve

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
I am happy to reportt i have no experience. But...
grant - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:11:50 am
.. if you post the verbatim codes I'll scratch my head later after work.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I had these some time back
jg wnc - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:44:00 am
Turned out to be a failed vacuum reservoir. It is located on top of the engine on the passenger side. I think Pedro just removed this item and reprograms the car as euro-spec and the problem is solved. Or you can replace the reservoir. While I was poking around trying to diagnose this problem, I found a broken vacuum line near the reservoir. BTW these codes are also used to report failure of one of several vacuum valves associated with the cold air pump that runs a startup.
Re: P0410, and P1411
thom4782 - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 1:04:33 pm
Likely a vacuum leak or vacuum system valve. You'll have two options: find and fix the leak / broken part or program to rest of the world setting.
If you live in a state with smog tests, the ROW setting may cause you a problem because ROW stops monitoring the secondary air system.
Re: I got a p1411 code today
MikelSr - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 7:45:50 pm
I haven't tried to trouble shoot one of these codes so I guess today is my lucky day. Time to do some research.
Re: P0410, and P1411
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 10:31:34 pm
While this page title says MAF?, it isn't really that very often and the web page gives a diagnostic flow chart. The page name was where my thinking started out because I thought it was that but then I started looking at all the causes.

In my case, nothing was ever determined and after fiddling with lots of things, the problem just went away for 5 years so we figured it was something loose we happened to get back to tight.
Possible causes
Boxsterra - Thursday, 18 July, 2013, at 8:37:36 am
Secondary air pump failure
Vacuum leak
Electric changeover valve failure
Air changeover valve failure

By far the most likely is a vacuum leak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login