Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
They did for my 2000 Boxster S, remember when they updated the Mass Air Sensor, they also changed the ECU program.

I was wondering how we can tell if there is one out there pending?

My thump at 2700 RPMs is bugging me and I wonder if Porsche didn't address this through the ECU program.

2009 C2S Coupe

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S)
They did for my 2000 Boxster S, remember when they updated the Mass Air Sensor, they also changed the ECU program.

I was wondering how we can tell if there is one out there pending?

My thump at 2700 RPMs is bugging me and I wonder if Porsche didn't address this through the ECU program.

2009 C2S Coupe

Peace
Bruce in Philly

an ECU program update.

My sources tell me part of the success of obtaining knowledge of one of these is to know what symptoms are required to qualify. So find someone who has been successful and try to learn what he did.

Or maybe you don't need to be so round about-ish. Visit a dealer service department and find out if there's something to address the behavior and if so how you can get it applied. It is unlikely it comes free of charge so it would be similar to you having the car in for some other service or repair.
Your turbo has variocam no? Is the power smooth under mild acceleration through the 2Ks?

Stupid that I didn't think of just calling the dealer.... Interesting how I (we?) just go to the 'net for answers. I wonder if that is because the trust balance has shifted away from dealers.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
oddities at any rpm. BTW, VarioCam Plus variable valve lift is not in effect, does not transition at 2700 rpms. It is a low rpm (and low load) feature. Low rpm as in around 1400 rpms or less. Also, I seek to drive my car in such a way to lessen the number of times this feature is activated.

You may trust the 'net more than you trust the dealers (at least the service department and parts department personnel) but not me.
I never tell the truth. Do you believe me? *NM*
Laz - Monday, 22 July, 2013, at 11:50:55 pm
in my earlier post.

Really my info is as suspect as anyone's. While I try to post accurate info sometimes my info is wrong, or out of date, or without the whole/complete story inappropriate for the situation or issue or problem.

Which is why I often add that the OP or person asking about something rely upon his favorite trusted tech.
MarcW
in my earlier post.

Really my info is as suspect as anyone's.

True, but Marc, a picture emoticom is worth 1,000 100 words. cool smiley smoking smiley grinning smiley drinking smiley smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login