Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
CURVEN8R 2 has arrived
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 22 July, 2013, at 9:39:37 pm
Had a call from the dealer this afternoon to say my car had arrived. Headed down for a first look. The mechanic doing the PDI was great, gave me some good info. Even asked me if I wanted to get some pictures from underneath. He also took me along for the test drive after he was done. Gonna REALLY love that stereo system. smiling bouncing smiley

Not the best lighting conditions, but enough to give you an idea. Better pictures once I get some pictures out in the daylight.

[farm6.staticflickr.com]

interior

[farm6.staticflickr.com]

PSE - Porsche Sound Equipment

[farm4.staticflickr.com]

and from underneath.

[farm8.staticflickr.com]

Car will be ready on Wednesday, but due to scheduling, I won't be able to pick it up until Thursday. Got a few 96 hour days coming up.
Very nice! congrats, Gman! smileys with beer *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 1:56:20 am
Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Congrats Guenter. Looks awesome! *NM*
CarreraLicious - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 5:33:18 am
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab - Midnight Blue/Sand Beige
Previous: 01 Boxster - (formerly boxtaboy), 86 944, Instagram: @Carreralicious
Gorgeous !
Roger987 - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 7:49:53 am
Can't beat GT Silver, and the wheels you chose are perfect.

You'll be a wreck by Thursday - better let Michelle drive it home. winking smiley
Re: Gorgeous !
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 8:52:16 am
Roger987
Can't beat GT Silver, and the wheels you chose are perfect.

You'll be a wreck by Thursday - better let Michelle drive it home. winking smiley

I think you're just prejudiced about the colour. winking smiley Because of the lighting, the pictures don't really do the colour justice. I will likely take a picture or two outside once I pick the car up.

The mechanic (and I remember Pedro said the same thing) told me that once you get some carbon build up in the PSE, it will sound even better. I'll have to see what I can do about that. smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Gorgeous !
Roger987 - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 6:01:05 pm
I'm not prejudiced; I'm biased.

My painter said GT Silver has a lot of 'pearls'. Notice how, in the photo of your car on the lift, a variety of tints/tones/shades/colours (pick a word) can be seen? That's one of the joys of GT Silver.

And, notice how your PSE tips are slightly concave at the opening? They'll sparkle as brightly as your previous tips.

Man, you're going to LOVE that car. Poor Michele - just when she thought the hard part (picking the options) was over.... She's need a pry bar to get you out of the car at bedtime, and she'll be awaken each morning at sunrise to the sound of PSE symphony in flat six. Explain to her life could be worse - that's carbon on your collar, not lipstick. smiling smiley
I really don't trust anything I read in the car mags.

Steve
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans)
I really don't trust anything I read in the car mags.

Steve

So, I guess you're expecting me to drive this new car, just so I can write a report. Then I have to drive it to build up the carbon to make the PSE sound even better. Guess it should take too long to put that first 2K miles on it. hot smiley

When the mechanic took the car out for the test drive, he invited me to come along. First part we had the top up. One thing I notice is that it seems quieter in terms of wind noise, but you can hear more of the engine (exhaust) sound with window and top up. The mechanic said they have a tube that carries the sound and transmits it into the cabin. My current car has maybe 3K miles on the stereo. I think the new one will have way less. smiling smiley
Re: CURVEN8R 2 has arrived
MikenOH - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 8:05:52 am
Guenter
congratulations! It looks beautiful.
How about a road trip to this side of the border?
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 8:54:30 am
MikenOH
Guenter
congratulations! It looks beautiful.
How about a road trip to this side of the border?

..hhmmmm, well that might be part of the solution to building up the carbon in the PSE. smiling smiley
Looks awesome! Here to a 250K-miles car!
jwdbox - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 8:57:47 am
Looking suuuuuuuuper Gman! All ears will be pealed for her inaugural trip Thursday. May you enjoy many Permagrin miles in CURVEN8R.2 cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 9:08:41 am
jwdbox
Looking suuuuuuuuper Gman! All ears will be pealed for her inaugural trip Thursday. May you enjoy many Permagrin miles in CURVEN8R.2 cool smiley

Thanks, Jeff. It's tough work, but somebody's got to do it and I think I'm up to it. grinning smiley
Congrats smileys with beer and enjoy in good health drinking smiley *NM*
Harvey in FL - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 9:09:18 am
The paint is gorgeous,
Laz - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 9:30:04 am
and you take well rendered pictures, so they convey a good sense of how special GT Silver is, even with the somewhat adverse lighting conditions.
Exquisite....
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 10:19:39 am
Even if it isn't a 991 winking smiley

It took my PSE about 1,000 miles to get that perfect sound, carbon or not. Of course you're gonna do the 2.000 miles break in to really get the carbon build up. I think your expectations will be exceeded driving this beauty. Your mouth is going to hurt from all the smiling, G-Man.

Best of luck!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
My engine's overall sound, although without the Sport Exhaust, started taking on a "well-oiled machine" voice at about 14,000 miles. Now at 20, it's even more so: a real symphony of induction growling, chain whirring, and a sound like a room full of seamstresses on their Singers. And that cold start clacking after the idle drops has been absent since the oil touch up. Driving these cooled off summer nights on lightly trafficked country roads has been nearly epiphanous.
Laz
My engine's overall sound, although without the Sport Exhaust, started taking on a "well-oiled machine" voice at about 14,000 miles. Now at 20, it's even more so: a real symphony of induction growling, chain whirring, and a sound like a room full of seamstresses on their Singers. And that cold start clacking after the idle drops has been absent since the oil touch up. Driving these cooled off summer nights on lightly trafficked country roads has been nearly epiphanous.

Stop it. You're driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! I want to start NOW!!!! Sounds like I'm going to have to buy a large supply of conductor's wands to direct the Symphony in Flat Six. hot smiley
LOL grinning smiley
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 11:45:24 am
We're probably not gonna hear from Guenter for a week, by which time he'll have the 2,000 mile break-in done. smiling bouncing smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
nice!
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 12:25:52 pm
Please don't drive it over any dirt or puddles. Keep that underside sparkling smiling smiley

Somewhere I saw a video talking about how they get the engine noise into the cabin of 911s. I remember a sort of plastic membrane looking thing that functioned like a speaker, driven only by the air behind it without any air passing from engine compartment to passenger compartment. Wonder if it's the same thing.
Re: nice!
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 2:44:26 pm
Steve (Iowa)
Please don't drive it over any dirt or puddles. Keep that underside sparkling smiling smiley

Somewhere I saw a video talking about how they get the engine noise into the cabin of 911s. I remember a sort of plastic membrane looking thing that functioned like a speaker, driven only by the air behind it without any air passing from engine compartment to passenger compartment. Wonder if it's the same thing.

That sounds about like the description the mechanic doing the PDI gave me. I really liked the sound. I doubt I'll be making any use of that other sound thingy in the dash.
Beautiful *NM*
newt - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 4:58:01 pm
Congratulations! *NM*
Motobob - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 8:46:37 pm
nmanitou (Doug in MI) - Tuesday, 23 July, 2013, at 10:23:14 pm
Congrats and enjoy! I'm partial to GT Silver too!

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
bar10dah - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 4:24:20 am
It takes two days to do a PDI?
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 9:45:27 am
bar10dah
It takes two days to do a PDI?

Also having a clear bra put on. Car is ready to day, but I don't have time to pick it up today. eye rolling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
bar10dah - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 2:15:30 pm
That's unfortunate. Sucks to have to wait for your new car when it's just right down the road. smiling smiley

That sure is one beautiful car; congrats on the purchase!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 02:16PM by bar10dah. (view changes)
Congratulations Guenter!! It looks beautiful!
Dave In MD - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 7:03:55 am
I think I would have had to take a "sick" day to pick it up. Enjoy the car. After you get a few miles on it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the differences.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Finally!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 7:55:55 am
... I bet the wait of these two days is tougher than the first 60.
All you need is BRBS right now.
Congrats.
I can't wait to see more pictures.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Finally!...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 9:47:08 am
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... I bet the wait of these two days is tougher than the first 60.
All you need is BRBS right now.
Congrats.
I can't wait to see more pictures.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

You're right about these last two days. Ran out of sheep last night.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: A possible advantage to being an android:
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 11:14:32 am
You'd probably get a charge out of those electric sheep.
me looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley

Just two more changes that needs to be made. .....sorry about the one, Pedro. But I'm sure you're OK with the other one. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 04:07PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Are they charging the electric wheels? *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 4:16:40 pm
The mechanic said it's up to each individual dealer. This one has decided to put nitrogen to fill tires in all cars it sells.
Re: They're evacuating the air and then fill with nitrogen
jwdbox - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 6:12:19 pm
Guenter in Ontario
The mechanic said it's up to each individual dealer. This one has decided to put nitrogen to fill tires in all cars it sells.
Not to open up another long winded (slight pun intended) thread on the plus/minus of nitrogen, I ran SilverBox from day one on nitrogen (as all of my other cars). The machine your dealer uses is similar to the one my Porsche dealer uses. It cycles all four tires at the same time through a process that replaces the air in the tires with the nitrogen and monitors the replacement until it is complete. The process does not require first letting all of the air out of the tires- clearly not something most of us would want done unless replacing the tire. I started using nitrogen in 1998 on one of my heaviest cars, my RR Corniche where I was extremely concerned about a blow out and the subsequent damage. The first thing I noticed in changing over to nitrogen is that the tires maintained their cold pressure for considerably longer periods of time without having to have more nitrogen put in to bring the tire back up to recommended pressure. That is, the tires lost pressure much more slowly over time through the rubber. I have found that to be true on every car and tire combo since then. SilverBox would go months without needing to have nitrogen added (though I still frequently check my tires using an expensive gauge and only rely on the TPMS as an alert). I also found the tires, particularly now that I live in the desert/Vegas, tend to increase pressure more slowly in hot weather and/or high speed driving. In the long run the minor hassle of having to go to the dealer to get the nitrogen topped was greatly offset by not having to add nitrogen in as frequently as regular air in the same tires under the same conditions. FWIW. I think you will enjoy CURVEN8R.2 running on nitrogen. cool smiley
speaking of changes..
Roger987 - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 6:11:01 pm
what's the scoop on stoneguard? What type, how extensive and who's doing it? If not the dealer, will you have the car transported to the location, in an enclosed trailer? (I'm only half kidding)
Re: speaking of changes..
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, at 6:28:25 pm
Roger987
what's the scoop on stoneguard? What type, how extensive and who's doing it? If not the dealer, will you have the car transported to the location, in an enclosed trailer? (I'm only half kidding)

The dealer sends the car out to a shop that specializes in 3M clear bra installation. I think it was scheduled to be done yesterday since it was ready for delivery today.
That's so exciting!!!
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 25 July, 2013, at 3:14:41 pm
Have fun today picking up your car ...... Your wait is finally over smiling smiley
It looks beautiful

Joanne
Sweet! *NM*
Boxsterra - Saturday, 27 July, 2013, at 4:14:59 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login