Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Replacing Covert Top - 07 Boxster
chris & 987 - Friday, 26 July, 2013, at 1:32:54 pm
I need to replace my covert top for my 07 boxster, black with glass. Not as easy as it sounds. I cant find a east coast sales spot that is reasonable.

Vertex quoted me 970$ but two weeks shipping: IMHO thats crazy to wait 2 weeks for a part that should be on the east coast.
Convertible tops.com (west coast) offers same top for 700$ and 2-3 day shipping
Will probably have it shipped to a local shop near atlanta. any recommendations on shops that have done this replacement for your car? Thanks
I don't know of any shops in Atlanta...
bar10dah - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 10:36:26 am
...but I do know a well respected shop in Montgomery was charging $1,600 to replace with the $925 top from GAHH, shipped from their warehouse in CA. I asked around and that was a fair price. And that's where a lot of local car lots go to have work done on their convertible tops, including the local Porsche dealer.

I just can't think of the name of the shop right now. But shouldn't matter, as I don't think you want to drive 2.5 hours down to Montgomery to have your top replaced.

Since the shop had a backlog and couldn't get to my car for 2-3 weeks, I went ahead and just replaced the top myself. I bought the $925 top from GAHH, took about six hours on a Saturday, and followed the instructions in the Pelican 101projects book and Maurice's instructions linked through Mike Focke's website. Wasn't really too hard. Top came out very nice.
Re: Replacing Covert Top - 07 Boxster
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 10:50:08 am
Suggest a nice one day drive to Pedro's Garage in Ft. Lauderdale for the new top.

It will be a free vacation for a couple of days with the $ you save, and the installation will be top notch.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login