Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Inspired by Guenter's "First Day" pics of this Boxster, we thought we would start a thread to get folks to post the earliest pic of you and your new Boxster on a roadtrip!
Go dig deep in the backup drives and find them. They are in there :-) Time to remember what it was like to drive that brand new Porsche.

Here are two of the RainyDayInterns with the project car from 2000 (a drive from Boston to Nova Scotia and back...2000 miles EXACTLY):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 09:22AM by RainyDayGarage. (view changes)
Taken in Dana Point
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 27 July, 2013, at 11:29:21 am
Not one of the first pics, but was used for the cover of PCA Orange Coast Magazine. ..... Taken of my Boxster long before she was totaled. Such memories and all good smiling smiley

Re: Taken on A1A in Florida
Dave In MD - Saturday, 27 July, 2013, at 9:12:01 pm
First picture of the car after picking it up in Pompano Beach Florida on January 25, 2006. My wife and I drove it home to Maryland, coming up the coast, trying to stay warm, and keeping the top down as long as we could. Lots of good times with this car!

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
One of my first trips in SilverBox was to the Valley of Fire. Left early in the morning to catch the sunrise. Remember feeling that 'this was what it is all about'- the great sound of the PSE bouncing off the canyon walls, the crisp shifting of the factory short throw shifter, the thrill of the power. Then the beauty of my "Moving Sculpture" (Grant Larson's line) reflecting the beauty of nature:

My next trip was out to Jay Leno's to view his phenomenal collection. Probably the biggest surprise was how enthusiastic his crew were over seeing SilverBox. They really made me feel so proud as they poured over her and commented on her from a style and engineering perspective.

Great early memories of a phenomenal car. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 12:25PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
[i692.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 05:34PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Mendocino & BoxsterFest - 1998
SMILIN - Sunday, 28 July, 2013, at 2:02:38 pm
Digital camera technology has come a long way...and my hair has gone a long way....

as long as i'm digging in the '98 shoebox....
SMILIN - Sunday, 28 July, 2013, at 2:10:06 pm
The beginning of many years of track fun:

My son taking grandma on a roadtrip:

The college kid, on delivery day:
Short Road Trip to Valley Forge

Only ones from the early days I have in digital format...
986rgt - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 5:08:11 am
Back when she still had factory ride height and all stock parts!

How the years have changed her...

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Somewhere along the Blue Ridge; first big trip (NY-FL 2001)

New one in the backyard on firm ground; pre-deambering:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 08:58AM by Laz. (view changes)
...that front licence plate. smileys with beer

What finally happened to CURVEN8R 1 confused smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
...that front licence plate. smileys with beer

What finally happened to CURVEN8R 1 confused smiley

Not much we can do about the front licence plates in Ontario. We have to have them. Got a bracket to set it lower than the OEM.

CURVEN8R 1 was traded. Any offers I got weren't enough to make them worth the hassle of selling a car privately here in Ontario.
Trip to Parade in Charlotte. Here on the way from Charlotte, NC to Asheville.

Here, first 150 mile tube steak run on the way home with CURVEN8R 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login