Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
The first Go-Pro camera? NPC
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 9 August, 2013, at 9:02:23 am
[vimeo.com]

Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Was that an iPhone on the cowl? *NM*
Laz - Friday, 9 August, 2013, at 10:29:06 am
Re: The first Go-Pro camera? NPC
blazon - Friday, 9 August, 2013, at 12:57:14 pm
pedro...

what a find! To us Brits this was a vintage era - the Gentleman racer...Moss/Collins/Brooks/Hawthorne...so very amateur back then...a few sandbags on some corners, public traffic during some practice times etc...the Isle of Man was very like this even a decade or so later when I raced there...nostalgia comes easily in retrospect for these good old days, the human toll finally, and rightly, unacceptable...I think the accident Hawthorne referred to near the Pits the previous year was one that ultimately forced a change...Don't you love the old skid-lid open helmet and goggles, great stuff... Hawthorne was eventually killed going shopping or something mundane on the Guildford by-pass a few miles from his home..as was Mike Hailwood doing a U-turn on a Birmingham street with his daughter sitting alongside...RIP the pair of them, another era.
What a fantastic piece of history

Thanks,

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Amazing footage--many thanks, Pedro *NM*
MikenOH - Friday, 9 August, 2013, at 9:29:15 pm
And 175-180 MPH on the tires and wheels back then!

I first drove in February 1960 and, thinking back, the number of simple around town tire problems I had/saw was like nothing you see today.

My first sports cars were from the early '60s and, even with early radials, I had a few problems. I recall 2 simultaneous delaminations of some Pirelli snow tires on the rear just at the Akron exit on the Ohio turnpike in the snow going home for Thanksgiving. Nice easy place at the time to get tires. Can't think of similar problems since around '85.

Thank you radials and the computer driven quality monitoring systems the manufactures use now.

Keep your tire pressures monitored folks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login