Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
How many 981 Owners are here?
m4240z - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 9:05:56 am
Just curious to see how many people have them, and how many are upgraders from previous P-cars.
Re: How many 981 Owners are here?
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 9:49:52 am
I just went from my 2006 987, which I absolutely loved for every one of its 67,000 miles.

To my 2014 981S which is driving me crazy because I just don't have enough time to drive it as much as I want.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Another here
MikenOH - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 10:15:24 am
Also out of an 06 base.

[i692.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 10:16AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
This is "blazon's" car...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 3:22:01 pm
... (the one on top) which I was able to check out a few weeks ago when he visited PedrosGarage.
Blazon also had a previous Boxster.

[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 03:22PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Re: This is "blazon's" car...
blazon - Friday, 16 August, 2013, at 1:44:58 pm
and this is blazon...

south east Ohio, Appalachian roads, bliss...

traded in '00 Base Tip

27 month lease...no way could we afford to buy one..

15K down, $520 a month...

77K list, 7% discount...S, PDK, SC...

53K residual(academic)...the deal you do once in your life when you calculate at its completion if you're still breathing you will no longer be capable of driving it quickly...DOB 4/39

thank you again, Pedro, for taking care of our baby...
Just as a matter of interest, the residual value tends to be lower than the actual value of the car in Porsche's case. I bought my Boxster from a fellow who had it on lease and sold it to me as the lease came due. I'm sure he made money on the deal, and it was a good deal for me as well. The loser was the Porsche dealer who would have turned it around and sold it for a much higher price as a CPO.
Re: This is "blazon's" car...residuals and our Picasso
blazon - Saturday, 17 August, 2013, at 5:08:44 am
steve...

your point is well made and taken...thank you

even over a short term lease such as ours you can never project the circumstances/options/feelings that will exist at its close...you simply plan for what is most likely...

while all that is developing the car itself remains an unqualified delight...I feel we have a Picasso with four wheels..an F 18 your wife can drive at her own pace in and be relaxed and confident doing it...

it must surely be as safe as a very fast car can be...that is the sensation it transmits...sheer indulgence...

cheers.
Re: How many 981 Owners are here?
Kite Pilot - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 5:43:03 pm
Lurker who went from an a new 05 base to a 2013 S

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login