Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Guenter--another question for you; hope it isn't a repeat.
MikenOH - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 2:47:07 pm
Did you have PASM on your 987? If yes, how would you compare the two suspensions now that you've had the 981 for a while?
No. I had the stock suspension on my 987
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 4:00:49 pm
I still can't get over the transformation from the 987 stock suspension to the 981 Sport Suspension.

Back in April, I had a chance to drive a 981 with PASM and one with Sports Suspension back to back. After driving the PASM equipped car, I knew I'd be driving it in Sports mode most of the time - except when on pretty rough roads that you sometimes encounter on a Fun Run or drive in the country. The thing I couldn't get over was how compliant the ride of the 981 Sports Suspension was after taking it for a test drive.

The day I picked up my 981, we drove the 987 the 60 miles to the dealer, all on back roads, just some corners, no real twisties and some weren't the smoothest. We drove the 981 home, roughly 150 miles via Lake Erie, again all on back roads, where I did manage to run it on some little more twisty roads, so it was a really good comparison. Again, I felt as if the ride was about as compliant as the 987 stock suspension. But when it comes to handling corners, there's world of difference between the two. Even my wife in the passenger seat commented a couple times "Doesn't this car ever lean?" Granted with the tires and brakes being new, I wasn't pushing it, but still, it's quite noticeable.

My main concern with the Sports Suspension is the height. You have to be very conscious of parking curbs and entrances to driveways. So far I've only heard the front brake duct flaps touch the ground a couple of times.

And the really good part? I've only got about 150 miles to finish up the break-in period, although I have run it up to 5K and once to 6K, still no full throttle. I really notice that extra 75 HP from the 987 to the 981 S. Not to mention that extra 25 iHP of the PSE. winking smiley The sound really is intoxicating. smiling bouncing smiley
Re: No. I had the stock suspension on my 987
m4240z - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 7:31:19 am
Guenter in Ontario

And the really good part? I've only got about 150 miles to finish up the break-in period, although I have run it up to 5K and once to 6K, still no full throttle. I really notice that extra 75 HP from the 987 to the 981 S. Not to mention that extra 25 iHP of the PSE. winking smiley The sound really is intoxicating. smiling bouncing smiley

Driving while intoxicated is chargeable in Ontario. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 8:19:43 am
m4240z
Guenter in Ontario

Yes. If you're plain intoxicated. No problem with being soundly intoxicated. winking smiley cool smiley
m4240z - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 8:36:17 am
Guenter in Ontario
m4240z
Guenter in Ontario

Yes. If you're plain intoxicated. No problem with being soundly intoxicated. winking smiley cool smiley

True -- except being soundly intoxicated results in excessive right foot twitching.....

I was driving east on the 401 a couple of weekends ago, and I noticed a guy got pulled over by a nicely fitted out Tahoe. The car looked remarkably like a civilian car, except for the really dark tint -- which hid the light bars, which lit up like a Christmas tree at a velocity infraction. Those back roads around Erie must be paradise.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 8:49:46 am
m4240z

True -- except being soundly intoxicated results in excessive right foot twitching.....

I was driving east on the 401 a couple of weekends ago, and I noticed a guy got pulled over by a nicely fitted out Tahoe. The car looked remarkably like a civilian car, except for the really dark tint -- which hid the light bars, which lit up like a Christmas tree at a velocity infraction. Those back roads around Erie must be paradise.

I've seen a Chrysler 500 decked out the same way. No light bar on top - no problem seeing them in the back window when they're lit up. Blends right in with all the other sinista cars.
m4240z - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 9:18:37 am
Guenter in Ontario
m4240z

I've seen a Chrysler 500 decked out the same way. No light bar on top - no problem seeing them in the back window when they're lit up. Blends right in with all the other sinista cars.

Well, to add insult to injury, I got a minor speeding ticket in Banff (driving fast at midnight, despite no one else being on the road), and another stupid ticket that I eventually pled guilty to on a reduced charge with a fine of $60.00 (failing to proceed on a green, as they didn't have a lower charge than what I was ticketed for). My insurance just went up close to 15%, and will stay there until my tickets drop off in another couple of years. I didn't know until quite recently that even out-of-province tickets are now registered.
Do you have BS or Pirelli tires? *NM*
MikenOH - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 10:09:04 am
20" Pirellis *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 1:30:43 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login