Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I couldn't figure out what the beeping was .....
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 12:59:55 am
After 1 week I finally realized my car knows when I get an email and notifies me!!!! That beeping was driving me crazy. Funny, now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me anymore. I just kinda smile and laugh. ...... There's even an icon and it differentiates between my different emails. eye popping smiley

Will the car now read them and answer for me??? Maybe I should read the manual and find out.

I'm not really understanding the purpose of this since I'm driving and can't read or answer them. It's just so crazy, each day I learn something new smiling smiley

I'm having fun hot smileyhot smileythe finger smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Joanne
Or, "What the (beep) was that?" *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 8:18:33 am
From stalker to Fun Haver nice change isn't it. smileys with beer
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 8:32:44 am
After 5 weeks, I'm still learning too. I'm sure you're finding the changes in technology huge, when comparing your old car and your new one.

Told you you'd love it. smiling smiley
Re: I couldn't figure out what the beeping was .....
m4240z - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 3:27:56 pm
Joanne in OC
After 1 week I finally realized my car knows when I get an email and notifies me!!!! That beeping was driving me crazy. Funny, now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me anymore. I just kinda smile and laugh. ...... There's even an icon and it differentiates between my different emails. eye popping smiley

Will the car now read them and answer for me??? Maybe I should read the manual and find out.

I'm not really understanding the purpose of this since I'm driving and can't read or answer them. It's just so crazy, each day I learn something new smiling smiley

I'm having fun hot smileyhot smileythe finger smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Joanne

It frankly would annoy me. I find driving the Boxster is a refuge from e-mails and all the other stuff. I have (grudgingly) put in a Bluetooth device in my 986, to avoid getting a huge fine for driving with a non-handsfree device, but I sometimes long for the days with no mobiles phones and e-mail tailing me at every turn.
m4240z
It frankly would annoy me. I find driving the Boxster is a refuge from e-mails and all the other stuff. I have (grudgingly) put in a Bluetooth device in my 986, to avoid getting a huge fine for driving with a non-handsfree device, but I sometimes long for the days with no mobiles phones and e-mail tailing me at every turn.

I'm with you. Nice thing with the Bluetooth in the 981 (assume 991 is the same) is it shows you who's calling, unless it's an emergency, the call can fall on deaf ears. winking smiley

I'd rather really enjoy doing one thing at a time, rather than doing bits and pieces of a bunch of things and not having time to really appreciate any of them.
Re: I couldn't figure out what the beeping was .....
m4240z - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 5:05:58 pm
Guenter in Ontario
m4240z

I'm with you. Nice thing with the Bluetooth in the 981 (assume 991 is the same) is it shows you who's calling, unless it's an emergency, the call can fall on deaf ears. winking smiley

I'd rather really enjoy doing one thing at a time, rather than doing bits and pieces of a bunch of things and not having time to really appreciate any of them.

I have the same in my Audi -- but frankly, if a call comes in, I see it, I take it. The thrills of work and the fact that phone calls are usually more urgent than e-mails.

Fortunately, with e-mail, I get very few phone calls, and my e-mails aren't routed to my car. They sit on my phone, where I ignore them until I want to see them -- or until I get a phone call, with "did you see my e-mail?!?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login