Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
On our drive today, saw two other 981's
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 22 September, 2013, at 7:13:36 pm
Actually saw a number of Porsches. An older 911, 997 cab, 968, 986 and two 981's, a Platinum Silver one coming the other way and this Black one.

Anyone here in Jordan today?

Did the wave and had return wave and smile 100% from the cars coming the other way.
Nice! *NM*
DougW - Sunday, 22 September, 2013, at 7:19:25 pm
Re: On our drive today, saw two other 981's
m4240z - Monday, 23 September, 2013, at 12:39:46 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Actually saw a number of Porsches. An older 911, 997 cab, 968, 986 and two 981's, a Platinum Silver one coming the other way and this Black one.

Anyone here in Jordan today?

Did the wave and had return wave and smile 100% from the cars coming the other way.

No, but headed there next weekend -- can't wait....
Amazing, I've seen only one in the wild
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 24 September, 2013, at 3:42:48 pm
And I drive in areas that have multiple dealers (grandkids live 1/2 a mile from Cary dealer, I lived in Oakton VA and there used to be dozens of various P-cars within a mile of my house), those areas are full of $7 figure houses, and even spent several days in and traveling on the autobahn to Munich.

To see 2 in a day in Canada is over the top.

Love em.
We always get at least one, plus 1+ 981 caymans, at track events
grant - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 11:02:38 am
I get to see them go by on the straights

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
So far I've seen only two on the road (other than mine.)
Laz - Tuesday, 24 September, 2013, at 4:57:39 pm
I think the new Panorama has sales statistics showing the Cayman outselling the Boxster, and overall car manufacturer convertible sales are down to-- did I see 1%?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2013 05:03PM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
I think the new Panorama has sales statistics showing the Cayman outselling the Boxster, and overall car manufacturer convertible sales are down to-- did I see 1%?

Yes. Saw that too.

Let's face it. In general, people now want the easiest route and everything done for them. Less work with a hardtop when it comes to cleaning or in winter. Most are only comfortable if the temp is between 68 - 72. Anything out of that range is too cold or too hot, so get the car with auto climate control, auto headlights, auto transmission, auto cruise control (that will also brake for you), auto-you-name-it.

Convertible popularity does tend to go in cycles. I've seen them down before. As far as the Cayman, I think there was a lot of pent up demand as there weren't any produced for about a year and a half.
Not at all. Happy to have another convertible. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 1:08:07 am
I just want to let as much sun shine in when we've got it. Well worth taking the time to slap on suntan lotion in my books.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login