Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Started think about that after one I got yesterday.

I was stopped at an exit from a shopping center waiting for a young (20ish) damsel to cross on the sidewalk. She stopped almost in front of the car, looked at me and said, "Wow! Nice looking car. You got a wife?"
We know Guenter responded by chuckling bashfully and saying, "Thanks. I really love this car! It has a sport exhaust, 20" wheels, grippy seats, a 6-speed shifter and a really cool steering wheel. And, as it happens, I have an extra brochure or two; would you like to see one?"

But Guenter has left the door wide open for us to craft our individual replies to the question the young admirer posed....

Have at it! smiling smiley
Most unusual compliment I ever received on my Porsche was when the IMS failed, and my lovely partner in a red skirt with matching heels who couldn't turn the steering wheel without the power assist had to push it into a parking space, and said "Gee, how much did you pay for this car? It's way lighter than I ever would have thought...."
My wife and I had just come out of a store and we were in the 987 getting our seat belts on (top down) and a blonde woman came up from behind the car and said to me, "That's my favorite car. It's so beautiful. Why don't we...." That's when she got close enough to the car to see my wife sitting in the passenger's seat. She then said, "You have a beautiful wife and make a beautiful couple!" She then turned and made a quick exit.

Later, my wife seemed a little annoyed by my day long grin. cool smiley

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
G-man left out only one word....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 3:07:01 pm
'She stopped almost in front of the car, looked at me and said, "Wow! Nice looking car. You got a wife, GRANDPA?' grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
The best, so far, was
Roger987 - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 4:42:49 pm
From a young, shapely, Miata owner. She pulled up beside me in a parking lot, jumped out of her car, revealing very long legs, in a very short, V-neck dress. She walked over to the passenger door, leaned in (yes, she knew exactly the perspective that offered), looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I love your Porsche (pronouncing both syllables). If you have time, I'd be thrilled if you'd take me for a ride."

Then I woke up.
So, pretty much the FIAT commercial (a favourite of mine) *NM*
grant - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 6:16:06 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
This one?
Roger987 - Wednesday, 25 September, 2013, at 9:58:57 pm
That's the one. And i enjoyed watching it again :-) *NM*
grant - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 9:32:57 am
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
"Nice Volkswagon" by some guy driving a Detroit built van pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers. Sigh.
MarcW
"Nice Volkswagon" by some guy driving a Detroit built van pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers. Sigh.

thumbs up
Probably from a beautiful single woman who just moved across the street from me.

I can see her place from my deck.

I watched as she got home from work the other evening. I was surprised when she walked across the street, up my driveway and knocked on my door.

I rushed to open it, she looked at me and said,

"I just got home, and I love your new Porsche. It gives me a strong urge to have a good time, get drunk, and make love all night long!

Are you busy tonight?"

I quickly replied, "Nope, I'm free, no plans at all!"

She said, "Great! Could you please watch my dog?"

Being a senior citizen really sucks!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2013 06:25PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
"Hard work or inheritance?"
Boxsterra - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 8:43:41 am
"Hard work," I responded.
"Nice!"
Re: "Hard work or inheritance?"
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 11:56:09 am
Boxsterra
"Hard work," I responded.
"Nice!"

I'd be temped to respond, 'Kiss my butt.'

Touché cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 2:53:45 pm
Or: tuches. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 26 September, 2013, at 2:56:15 pm
Recently a woman ask me what kind of car it was as I opened the door to get in. I thought that was interesting considering the Boxster has been out now for 15 years. This is in the San Francisco bay area, where Boxsters are a dime/dozen. I told her it was a Porsche Boxster, and she said "pretty car".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 04:54PM by boxsterd. (view changes)
In the area that I live there are few Porsches out and about. I find that on nice sunny warm days the compliments are fast and furious from thumbs up, cat calls and like Guenter....some proposals

I was at the beer store (it is a Canadian thing) and I was taking empties (caused by evaporation) out of my frunk and this middle aged lady asked if she could help mewinking smiley .. I said thanks but I could handle it. When I came out of she was standing by my BLK Box and started too suggest that a ride in the car would be greatly appreciated. I smiled smiling smiley and stated I was running a tad behind and told her if she was interested in the car she should go to the dealership for a test drive. ...I wonder if she did???

Some of the best complements I receive are ones that do not say anything...but you know what they are thinking...don't we...especially the guys with audi and bmw.. they are thinking " should of got the P car"

MIKELLIG
Re: the most unusual compliment...
FrankZ, Chicago - Friday, 27 September, 2013, at 1:14:55 pm
This one is priceless... sort of:

Back in '05 when I purchased my '01S, my favorite grandson was about 9. I always tell him that he's my favorite grandson (because he's my only grandson… the other 3 grandchildren are girls… all favorites, too, of course!).

Anyway, out of the mouths of babes… when he saw that little beauty, he said to me, smiling in admiration of the Boxster, "Grandpa, when you die, could I have your Porsche?". He was really serious, or shall I say, dead serious! At 17, he's still my favorite… and very smart, talented, loving and handsome grandson winking smiley

BTW, Congratulations Grandpa Pedro and family… There's really no substitute, eh?
Re: the most unusual compliment...
chris & 987 - Friday, 11 October, 2013, at 8:12:43 am
and?

are you going to leave him the car or not?
I Love Driving Your Car.....
m4240z - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 6:31:22 pm

I get all kinds of guys calling me....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 06:50PM by m4240z. (view changes)
I think it's because it's a convertible
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 7:39:53 pm
Otherwise, the guys might not notice she's got a phone.
I try to escape fault at every possibility.....
2 come to mind
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 4:03:31 am
#1 I was going to tennis (in my tennis skirt), a nice looking guy came up to me, handed me his business card and said, "I'l like sitting in that seat on a trip to Vegas". He actually pointed to the passenger seat smiling smiley ..... I guess he knew better.

#2 I got a ticket for no plate (on my 1st Boxster), while in San Francisco I had the BABBLERS put my plate on. When driving back from San Franciso, I waved a cop over to sign off my ticket. I was really nervous (not sure why). He calmed me down, just talked about the car and pointed to my V1. He asked if I speed in the car. Asked if it was on or off the records. He smiled and said, I'd love to go back to So Cal with you. If I had this car, I would surely speed. Oh, BTW, there is only 1 CHP on the road between here and LA. When you see him, you're clear the rest of the way. Your radar will pick him up ...... Have a great drive!!!!" ..... I smiled, waved and had a great ride home, never got back home as quick as I did on that trip smiling smiley

Joanne
While driving down the road a young lady passed me and yelled, "I love your car! Can you adopt me?" sad smiley
At a Concours with about 60 P Cars 2 young kids came by and one said "I when I get one of these cars that is the one I will get"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login