Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Joanne. How's your brake dust?
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 1:02:08 pm
It should be better by now.

I now have 5K miles on the CURVEN8R 2. Here's what the wheels look like after 300 miles of driving.

Still alot there
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 7:46:03 pm
I'm just a little over 2K, wheels are still really dirty. I feel like all I'm doing is cleaning them moody smiley ..... I was planning to wash it tonight so I can drive to watch the UCLA game tomorrow evening. If I remember, I'll take a picture.

I realized that I'm not taking very many pictures. I get in the car and go and enjoy myself that I forget about the pics.

Joanne
300 miles of driving vs braking
wewannaporsche - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 10:33:43 pm
I imagine one uses the brakes more in OC California.
That's why I have a second car
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 3:13:40 am
yes, traffic can be pretty bad with lots of break usage. Fortunately, I drive 18 miles to work against the heavy traffic. I just have some stop and go for about a mile. It's tolerable, but liked it better when I could just ride my bike to work.

I miss the days when the Boxster group would do drives every other week. Now that it's "not summer" PCA doesn't do the drives like in the summer. I guess they don't like to drive when it's 72 degrees outside

Joanne
Re: That's why I have a second car
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 8:39:08 am
Joanne in OC
I miss the days when the Boxster group would do drives every other week. Now that it's "not summer" PCA doesn't do the drives like in the summer. I guess they don't like to drive when it's 72 degrees outside

Joanne

How do you survive in 72 degree weather in winter? Good thing you got those bun warmers in your new car, Joanne. winking smiley
Guenter never brakes, he just acceleratessmiling smiley *NM*
DougW - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 11:10:17 pm
Regen braking = less brake dust
Boxsterra - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 12:29:25 pm
That's why I want a 918.
Re: Joanne. How's your brake dust?
jwdbox - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 1:45:52 am
As everyone knows with Guenter it is kinda like removing your shoes before entering the house, no car enters his garage with brake dust. CURVEN8R forgot that once, now there is a CURVEN8R2 cool smiley
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 3:16:37 am
I'm sure glad I met Guenter at BRBS ..... You guys really "pick" on him. With all the comments I would have thought Guenter was a stodgy ole' man with no sense of humor and snooty and mean. But, I know otherwise smiling smiley

Joanne
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 8:39:33 am
Joanne in OC
I'm sure glad I met Guenter at BRBS ..... You guys really "pick" on him. With all the comments I would have thought Guenter was a stodgy ole' man with no sense of humor and snooty and mean. But, I know otherwise smiling smiley

Joanne

Whcih one of those is not true? grinning smiley
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 11:10:31 am
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
Joanne in OC

Joanne

Whcih one of those is not true? grinning smiley

Must be a different Guenter smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Someone has to have him in thier corner
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 11:52:44 am
Only problem is that he lives so far away from me and can't physically help me with my car sad smiley

Just wait until BRBS

Joanne
Re: Someone has to have him in thier corner
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 12:25:35 pm
Joanne in OC
Only problem is that he lives so far away from me and can't physically help me with my car sad smiley
Joanne

Philosophical advise from G-man - sure; actual physical, hands dirty, help - not a chance!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 9:02:51 am
Joanne in OC

Joanne

Was it the clean wheels that convinced you? cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 8:55:56 am
jwdbox
As everyone knows with Guenter it is kinda like removing your shoes before entering the house, no car enters his garage with brake dust. CURVEN8R forgot that once, now there is a CURVEN8R2 cool smiley

Well, one does have to keep up one's standards. It's not just on entering the house that one removes one's shoes. My salesman got to know me rather well as you can see when he was going the over the delivery info with me. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2013 08:56AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 3 October, 2013, at 11:14:09 am
Want to bet that G-man is explaining things to the salesman, rather than the other way around.

Salesman: "Oh, no, you never have to rev this engine over 3500 rpm!"
My car has stopped black dusting....
m4240z - Friday, 4 October, 2013, at 12:35:29 pm
I told it if it continued to get black dust on my wheels, I was going to sell it to Guenter.... ;-)
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 4 October, 2013, at 1:23:41 pm
Are you telling me to threaten my car?????
Joanne in OC - Friday, 4 October, 2013, at 9:25:17 pm
What if it continues, then Guenter will reject my car because of the PDK and then she'll feel rejected and upset sad smiley

Joanne
Re: Are you telling me to threaten my car?????
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 4 October, 2013, at 9:31:56 pm
Joanne in OC
What if it continues, then Guenter will reject my car because of the PDK and then she'll feel rejected and upset sad smiley

Joanne

Where did you ever get the idea I'd reject a car because it had PDK? confused smiley winking smiley grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login