Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Well, the other week I went out for a drive
986rgt - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 8:32:51 pm
Leaves are starting to change around here and I found a nice place to stop and take some pics. When I got home I realized I had my camera set to manual mode and all the pics were overexposed, I was bummed. So yesterday, it was just me and my daughter Lily, and I asked her if she wants to go for a ride in daddy's car to which she excitedly responds "Yes!"
So, off we went, destined for some backroads with a end stop at a local indoor playground. Took the twistys at a much more relaxed pace having her in the car, but she still cried out in delight as the car got light going around and over some off camber turns and hills, a big smile on her face even tooling through towns. At the end of one particular stretch, I stopped and made sure she was having fun, asking her if she wanted to go some more, she reponded as gleefully as only a 2 year old can, "yes, go more!" So off we went heading to my previous weeks photo stop, a mile down the road I glanced over and she was out, fast asleep! As any that have seen and heard my car, that is quite an accomplishment, the GHL, headers and intake make for a bit of a noisy ride, especially with the top down, but she was out like a light!
So stopped and got some pics, she slept right on though, cancelled the indoor playground stop to let her snooze. Kept on driving around for another hour, she woke just before noon, so we stopped at every kids favorite resturaunt for lunch(McDonalds!). After refueling our bellies we stopped at her favorite playground where she kept pointing to the Boxster and telling the other parents, "my car, my car"!
I love how my kids and I'm sure everyone's on here react to our cars. I feel so much joy being able to share the experience of owning my car with them.

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Looks like you had a perfect drive.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 9:05:23 pm
Your car looks great among the trees with leaves starting to change.

Car rides do that to kids. What a peaceful picture of your daughter.
Re: Well, the other week I went out for a drive
goldened - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 10:18:07 pm
As the owner of a Guards Red 987 and the proud father of a little girl now 17, I really enjoyed the write up and the photos.
Great pics, especially your daughter sound asleep. Our daughter was 12 when we bought our Boxster. She really enjoyed learning to drive it at 16.

Brave letting a teenager drive a Boxster *NM*
Boxsterra - Wednesday, 9 October, 2013, at 7:11:23 pm
Re: Brave letting a teenager drive a Boxster
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 10 October, 2013, at 11:13:36 am
Only in this parking lot, she's now 24 and has never driven the Boxster solo. Yes, it would be brave indeed, I'm not that brave. winking smiley However, IMHO, every driver should learn to drive a stick, not necessarily be an expert, but learn the process. No different from learning to check air pressure and oil & water levels.
Not to worry....
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 10 October, 2013, at 11:46:36 am
She's now too old for Boxsterra drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login