Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Pictures, please. *NM*
Boxsterra - Sunday, 13 October, 2013, at 3:30:46 pm
Also her fine husband, and a friend of theirs.
Holed up nicely for the night at a Hilton Homewood in Norfolk. Drove the Bay Bridge Tunnel in my 01; gonna do it tomorrow, low visibility be damned.
Is Chuck's K45-286 still on the road? I hope so.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Is Chuck's K45-286 still on the road? I hope so.

Yes it is. Kim brought it to BRBS this year. It had been damaged in a tornado, but most of the damage has been repaired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 12:54PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Some pictures:
Laz - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 11:45:54 am
It was a dreary day, weatherwise, but the show, and meeting Kim brightened everything up. When I first got to the museum the first building you see is a fairly crude thing that might be a warehouse. The exhibition buildings are down a hill farther back. One is where the Porsches are shown, except for the Janice Joplin 356, which is in the permanent collection "West" building. Pictures of hers are not allowed, fyi. At the upper parking lot I spotted this white/red with red/white interior. Not my cup of tea, and the interior seems more suited to an early 'Vette, but to each his/her own.

There were a gajillion NSXs there, to pay homage, I suppose! Saw a slew of them at Lime Rock some years ago, in their own "corral." This shot shows only maybe less than half of what was there.

Out front, a 65 911 with a new one. The 65 is from the Ingram collection, as were some other cars.

Type 64 Rome Berlin car. My favorite in the show. Pictures (especially mine) hardly do it justice.

Panamericana car, impossible to confuse with a Panamera.

Gmund coupe

Went to the Jeff Zwart lecture. A very glib and affable guy. He first showed a video of his latest Pike's Peak run. Amazing. Just amazing. Also shown was a montage of Porsche tv commercials he's done over the years. Several of them, as you may recall, were very humorous. My favorite, which he also singled out in his lecture, was of a Boxster sitting still with the camera sweeping over it; the only sound being that of the engine revving in synch with what the camera was portraying. A real leap of imagination; unique and original.

In the gift shop, a Porsche Design candelabra. Pretty nifty mechanically, and how logical for its adjustability.
Good stuff, Laz...thanks! *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 12:10:15 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Great pictures, Laz. Saw Janice Joplin's 356
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 12:20:12 pm
at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a couple of years ago. No restrictions on photos at that time.

Thanks, G + G. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 9:45:07 pm
Re: Pictures, please.
kimhammersmith - Sunday, 20 October, 2013, at 5:51:08 pm
We had so much fun meeting Laz and seeing all the Porsches in Raleigh! Ryan drank some more of the kool-aid last weekend, and came back home researching Porsches for sale....He's willing to sell his S2000 (that he bought right before he met me) and has narrowed it down to Boxsters 09 and newer, or a 996 TT. Hoping I will be able to pull the (wallet) trigger by BRBS 2014! And I sure wish my dad was still around, he and Ryan would be like 2 peas in a pod talking about cars!
Kim and friend pic
Laz - Sunday, 20 October, 2013, at 9:09:43 pm
lol *NM*
kimhammersmith - Monday, 21 October, 2013, at 2:08:59 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login