Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Problem with my passenger window sad smiley
Joanne in OC - Friday, 25 October, 2013, at 10:31:11 pm
I just started today. I pushed the button for my windows to go up. No problem with the driver's side, but passenger side only went up as long as I held the button. Tried to reset it by opening and closing the window manually a few times. It kinda helped. Now when I press the button the window will go up except for the last 2-3 inches, it just stops. If I hold the button then the window will go all the way up. It's only on the passenger side.

Joanne
Re: Problem with my passenger window sad smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 25 October, 2013, at 11:22:53 pm
I bet it doesn't like the Smart Top. winking smiley

OK, I think you might have to reset the end (top) position of your passenger side window.

1.Close window completely once by pulling the switch.
2.When the window is completely closed, briefly pull the switch again.
3.Open the window completely once by pressing the switch.

Here's the link to the manual.
[www.porscheownersmanuals.com]
It didn't work
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 26 October, 2013, at 11:19:11 am
I tried 3 times

Joanne
Re: It didn't work
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 26 October, 2013, at 11:39:33 am
Since it happened after you had the Smart Top installed, I'm wondering if there's some sort of electronic conflict.

Does the Smart Top open the top and open the windows?

If so, that might cause a conflict since the factory setting is to close the window after the top is raised or lowered. (Can't figure out why you'd want the top lowered and windows raised, but that's the way it's programmed.)

On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be causing a problem with the driver's side window

Have you tried doing the reset using the switch on the passenger door? Just a thought.

Since your car is under warranty, if you can't get it to work, I'd take it to a dealer to get it checked. (Maybe a different one than where you bought it. Not sure I'd trust that dealership with anything to do with my car.) Any dealership should be happy to repair it for you since they'll get paid by Porsche.
Also did that .... still no go thumbs down
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 26 October, 2013, at 5:51:20 pm
I headed your advice and went to the dealer. Went to Newport, a different dealer. They were very nice there. The Service Manager greeted me, I showed him the problem and told him what I did. He then attempted to reset it and it still happened. He also tried a few times, then went and got a tech. Said they could fix it quick. ..... The tech tried and did a couple of things, Still didn't work properly. He also found that the window was possessed. When he closed the door, the window went up without pushing anything. Then tried a few more things, still not working properly. Then said it most likely was the unit in the door. sad smiley

Now I have an appointment for Wed morning at 7:00 AM. I asked how I would get to work, they are going to give me car. This is the first time Newport has given me a car. I used to bring my 1st Boxster to them and such a hassle because they would only drive me a certain radius. One time I had traded my car with a friend who had a new 996 TT. His engine light went on when I had the car. That time they gave me a free rental. Then when I brought my Boxster back in, no rental car. So, he pleasantly surprised me when he said he'd give me a car smiling smiley

I feel like I'm taking my child to the doctors confused smiley ..... why do I feel soooo bad?????

All this over a silly window.

Joanne
Re: Also did that .... still no go thumbs down
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 27 October, 2013, at 12:10:58 pm
At least feel luck this happened while the car is under warranty. There are a LOT of electronics on cars today. Sound like you got good treatment at the dealership. It seems encouraging that they will give you better service than where you bought your car.

I'm sure your child car will be just fine. winking smiley You wouldn't want that window deciding to go up and down all on its own and maybe someday come out to the car with the window down when you had it locked. Time to sit down and relax with a soothing adult beverage. cool smiley
Absolutely *NM*
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 27 October, 2013, at 10:51:22 pm
smileys with beer *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 27 October, 2013, at 10:59:38 pm
The real question is how many shared..... *NM*
m4240z - Sunday, 27 October, 2013, at 8:47:26 pm
They had to reprogram the window on the PIWIS. They don't know what caused it to fail. He then mentioned about the tinting on the window and said it could interfere with the sensor. But, the driver's side works. And, I had the windows tinted the day after delivery. And, the window would roll up to 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. With all those statements/questions, they didn't have an answer, but said "it works now" smiling bouncing smiley

The service guy was great. He gave me a free loaner, new 2013 Audi (now I have to reconsider my 2nd car, was going to get BMW 335, but will have to look at Audi). Also, he called by 12:00 to give me the status of my car and explained everything. Car was ready when I got there and didn't have to go through any "funny" paperwork. This was a good and much better experience.

I also had an error come up of PSM failure and something else failed at the same time on start up the day after my window became "possessed". They checked it out and saw the code of it happening on start up. Said everything is ok, not sure why it occurred. ..... I do know the car started up bad, it was shaking and that's when the dash was flashing, too fast for me to see. Turned the engine off, restarted and it's been fine since.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login