Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Still some topless driving left
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, at 1:40:24 pm
With sun out this morning and temps getting into the mid 40's. Would you believe I discovered that I had to run some errands? As luck would have it, I had my camera with me when I came across a few more Fall colours. The colours are getting pretty scarce around here now with most of the trees pretty much bare.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
confused smiley ? *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, at 3:58:49 pm
I'd feel the same way in your shoes, G-man grinning smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, at 4:02:54 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I guess you could always try, Gary.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, at 8:18:12 pm
Re: I guess you could always try, Gary.
Roger987 - Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, at 9:18:49 pm
Hmmm... that shoe looks almost too big for Gary to fill.... winking smiley
Where's my dog, Tige? grinning smiley
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 31 October, 2013, at 1:08:35 pm

NO tongue sticking out smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 31 October, 2013, at 5:09:00 pm
Nice thing with a board like this is that no one has to look at the pictures if they don't want to.

Personally, I enjoy seeing pictures of other members' cars who love their cars as much as I love mine. Can't help it if Boxster are so photogenic. I haven't seen one I don't enjoy looking at.
Nice, but possibly unhealthy...for your consideration:
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 1 November, 2013, at 6:53:14 am
From Wiki:

Object sexuality or objectum sexuality, in German Objektophilie (OS), is a pronounced emotional and often romantic desire towards developing significant relationships with particular inanimate objects (like a Boxster). Those individuals with this expressed preference may feel strong feelings of attraction, love, and commitment to certain items or structures of their fixation (like a Boxster). For some, sexual or even close emotional relationships with humans are incomprehensible (thus few, if any, people in otherwise good quality inanimate Boxster photos).

Obsessively cleaning one's car, randomly driving it all over just to spend time with it, taking a myriad of road photos of an unoccupied car, waxing poetic about your unabashed love of it, then voluntarily doing without the object of your affection for half the year because it might get dirty. All this after ordering options like 20" wheels, PTV and a 20mm drop sport suspension, not to track it (it would get too dirty), but for it to be more attractive.

Disturbed behavior and motivations......perhaps?

I ask these questions, not to denigrate anyone else's choices, but to better understand my own motivations and desires for my next Porsche. At best, purchasing these toys is an illogical illness. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 07:03AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Well, as it happens, Gary
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 1 November, 2013, at 1:13:08 pm
I have a number of passions. Being a Porsche board here, I tend to share mostly by passion for Porsches - and yes, in particular the Boxster and places I visit with it. There are a few, but I wish there were more, people on this board that shared there drives because it lets us share those places vicariously. We (at least I) don't have the time to be able to visit them all.

Is it illogical to buy a sports car? Nope. If that's what one wants to spend one's money on, so be it. There are a lot of worse things to spend one's money on.

Is it necessary to have a sports car? Nope - unless you race to earn a living. Then it's a necessity. Otherwise, your feet, a bike, public transport or Prius will get you wherever you want to go.

When it comes to passions. I feel sorry for people that don't have any. They become the little old men and ladies that sit at the window with nothing better to do than criticize everyone and everything that comes by. Not really my idea of living. It's just existing. Life is too precious to just exist.
If you're talking about distance. Any car will do.

Referring to degree. I'd certainly go along with the statement.
Suggested reading:
Laz - Saturday, 2 November, 2013, at 11:17:49 am
Re: Still some topless driving left
m4240z - Friday, 1 November, 2013, at 4:20:22 pm
I did in drive the same day, top open, got brain freeze.....
Re: Still some topless driving left
chris & 987 - Sunday, 3 November, 2013, at 12:19:35 pm
LOTS of top down time left here in Georgia! Great chilly weather. Happy Boxstering!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login