Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Adding iPod input to 2000 stereo
AndyInNYC - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 4:44:34 pm
I have a base 2000 with the single CD head unit. A long time ago I purchased a Becker part on dropped it in a drawer. The part supposedly gives me stereo input to the AUX connector.

The part has a tag: 1319.116-276 - which appears to be the right item.

I have 2 'sets' of wires
1) a single RCA end with two wires at the end (black and red) and;
2) a dual RCA (Red and white ends) end with three wires at the end (yellow, red, black)

A blue connector plug was also included (this goes into the back of the radio).

I can't find directions, and I'm not sure if the single Red RCA is the cable to use (is it stereo?)

Are there any human readable (read idiot) instructions which can be linked to so that I can install this myself? I have the radio keys.

Thanks all

Andrew
Re: Adding iPod input to 2000 stereo
AndyInNYC - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 5:10:09 pm
So now, from finding some pictures, it appears that I get to use the 2 RCA jacks and mate them with a reverse splitter.

Can someone point me to directions on the blue connector and where things get wired and wired into the head unit?

Andrew
I have a similar setup on my 02 S
jg wnc - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 5:34:45 pm
I can't find my instructions easily. The blue plug goes into the same plug that the CD player uses, if that helps. IIRC, as you look at the back of the head unit, it is the top right recepticle.
Re: Adding iPod input to 2000 stereo
AndyInNYC - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 7:49:18 pm
I found some directions - [www.beckerautosound.com]

But my blue plug doesn't look like what is in the picture. My plug has top and bottom row of three and middle row of two holes.

Gah! Any experts out there?

Andrew
I'm not an expert, but
Harvey in FL - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 9:36:22 pm
I had a 2000 a long time ago. I have nine docs which I collected from PPBB to install my ipod. If you are interested PM me and I will be glad to send them directly to you. They are all Word files and if you want I can make them PDF's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login