Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
First 600 miles with 2010 Boxster
Meredith in Atlanta - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 2:04:02 am
This is the most fun car I've ever driven. Yeah, I've had others including a Cayman S. There's something about this Boxster (base model, MY 2010 987.2) that just meshes completely with my driving. I think being away from a Boxster for 2 years (in Volvos) makes me appreciate it more than having gone from one Boxster/Cayman to another for 10 years. I have a new appreciation for the gears - a lot more downshifting, rev matching. It's like a toy!

I took a break from Porsches because my heart was broken over so many collisions - easy to say, and it sounds stupid, but it was consistently other people hitting me. I got tired of my heart breaking. I'm much more appreciative and more protective of this one. Taking defensive driving to the hilt while having fun is an interesting balance. You have to know what's around you. And even that doesn't necessarily help when you're in a daily driver.

I get excited every time I drive this car, from the time I insert my key into the left-side ignition, to starting it up and getting it going. Tonight on my way out of work, our network guy saw me pull out and did a complete "WTF? - I never would have guessed this was your car"! Not the first time this has happened since I got it (my boss was blown away - "Never would have guessed this was you")... I didn't get the car for the surprise factor, but it's been a blast blowing away peoples' perceptions of who I am.
Is the car "who you are?" In a sense, yes, as much as that sounds jerky. But to me it says more about your fun factor than your prestige factor. My boss drives a top-of-the-line Mercedes and that's his choice. There is no substitute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 02:06AM by Meredith in Atlanta. (view changes)
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Good for you, Mer, you're living the dream! *NM*
MikenOH - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 8:22:34 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: First 600 miles with 2010 Boxster
db997S - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 9:52:13 am
Now that the cat is out of the bag, you'll find people you may not even know asking you about your car. I work in a fairly large organziation, and people come up and ask how the car is or if I had the top down today. It can bring envy, though, too. I remember when we got our first Porsche in 1998 (base Boxster), my wife was told be a friend at work that coworkers were abuzz wondering how we could afford the car. Back then, people thought it was a $100,000 vehicle.

Never drove a Volvo, but would think just about anything would be enjoyable after one of those. Have fun with it.
Meredith in Atlanta - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 5:01:55 pm
When I posted about the car on Facebook, one of Charley's friends said, "Conspicuous Consumption!" grinning smiley
Mer, you own a Boxster for all the right reasons.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 10:42:18 pm
It really is all about the joy of driving. You can only experience that by becoming one with the car. It's all about the interaction and feel and you're experiencing it 100%. That's what a Porsche is all about.

Keep enjoying.
BLKBOXS - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 11:21:00 pm
I am glad you are enjoying your car...not one person on this board is surprisedthumbs up....Volvo to Porsche ......Ummmm that a close one.

BTW "WTF" actually stands for "why the face" in Canada.smiling smiley

Have fun and drive safe. See you at BRBS...come on spring.

MIKELLIG
What, only 600 miles so far? winking smiley
Bob G - Saturday, 21 December, 2013, at 11:44:51 am
Just kidding. Enjoy!
grinning smiley *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Monday, 23 December, 2013, at 4:23:39 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login