Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Pedro
Reference: PR 184 Post

My wife and are staying in Luquillo and we have a rented Hyundai. Today we drove down the east coast of Puerto Rico using the smaller coastal roads where possible. Then we drove west on PR3 on the southern coast to Patillas where we got on 181. We took 181 north to San Lorenzo where we got off and went east back to our home base. It was a lovely drive with many good stops including talking to a fisherman who was hand feeding a Pelican. We also had a great lunch on the southern coast at a beach-side Hotel Restaurant on PR3 near Recio.

I don't know what 181 was like were you were here but now the roads are in bad disrepair with pot holes and other surface damage.It was a strain driving it and we were glad when we got off. PR184 was better. 181 was indeed curvy but I had to focus on not blowing out a tire in a pot hole.

Puerto Rico is a great vacation spot and I recommend it. You must miss it Pedro.

Here is wishing everyone a Happy New Year

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2013 04:25PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Hi Jeff
Happy to hear that you're having a good time in the Isle of Enchantment.
As they say, it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there (not again).
I don't miss PR at all. It was a rough time for me.
Back in the 90s all those country roads were in perfect shape, especially 181.
I never saw a single pot hole, and I would have to travel to Patillas at least every other week.
I knew that road better than the back of my hand, and it was one of the enjoyable things I looked forward to.
It was a challenging road to drive fast, not only because of the many, many tight turns and steep inclines at places, but also because of the multiple water crossings when it was raining, and it rained constantly.
I'm sure I wouldn't recognize the place anymore.
Have fun.
Happy New Year, or as they say there: Feliz Año Nuevo.
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Meredith
When you go to a beach there must be more to do than just get a tan. In Cancun you can go see the Mayan pyramids at Chichén Itzá. In Luquillo you can go see the castles in San Juan, see the Rain Forests, go to an aviary with hundreds of colorful tropical birds and you can drive the now famous PR181.
Dancing with Sand Crabs
Best watched in full screen mode

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 05:11PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
It is public. Not sure why you can't see it.
Jeff (Philly) - Friday, 3 January, 2014, at 9:13:43 pm
Privacy settings
Public Public
Anyone can search for and view
Re: It is public. Not sure why you can't see it.
BLKBOXS - Friday, 3 January, 2014, at 9:43:32 pm
Guenter,

We are from Canada..I am sure if "dancing with Sand Crabs" were "dancing with SNOW Crabs...eh" we could see it.smiling smiley No doubt about it.grinning smiley

MIKELLIG
The link was bad for Dancing with Sand Crabs
Try this URL
[www.youtube.com]

When it opens click on youtube in the lower right. After it opens in youtube click on full screen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 11:36PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Dancing with Sand Crabs, Directors Cut. I have replaced the URL in the above post with a new one. There was a lot of shakiness in the video because I was zoomed in when I took it. Using youtube's stabilize feature I was able to fix that. If you've already seen the video it is worth watching the improved version again. [www.youtube.com]
I love the wink at the end! winking smiley *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014, at 10:42:55 am
grinning smiley *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014, at 5:36:28 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login