Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
DOF installed.
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 11:09:46 am
I just wanted to pass on my DOF experience. I purchased it through Pedro of course, it came super fast and was packed well. The install was straight forward and had detailed directions. I have a 3.4 engine in my 99 and Pedro pointed me in the right direction as to which bearing to get. I wound up putting in the steel dual row bearing. The only problem I ran into with the install was that I have a 987 airbox in my car so I needed to get some other fittings for the oil feed to get it to come out of the head on a 45 deg angle. The install went great and it gave be a chance to clean up some loose ends from when I did the 3.4 swap almost 5 years ago. Thank you Pedro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 11:15AM by Jaay. (view changes)
Happy to hear Jaay!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 11:13:21 am
... it's all good when customers are happy.
Happy New Year!
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: DOF installed.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 12:17:49 pm
Thanks for the info. Always good to get some first hand experience as to how things went.

How many miles on the original bearing and what kind of shape was it in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 12:19PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 12:47:04 pm
Just about 40000 miles on the original dual row. It looked great to me. There was no play and no metal shavings. I drive my car pretty hard and change the oil every 2500 miles
Glad to hear things went smoothly and a few questions..
MikenOH - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 1:36:27 pm
Regarding the motor--was this out of '99' 996--non-egas?
Original IMSB?
What other mods have you done to it?
Re: Glad to hear things went smoothly and a few questions..
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 2:10:37 pm
Yes it had the original IMSB
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 2:10:04 pm
it's a 98 motor non E-Gas. IPD Plenum, Turbowerx headers, fabspeed high flow cats, 19" carrera sport wheels, H&R coilovers, OEM GT3 front bumper and splitter. Lightronics and all updated lights. I'm sure there is more I'm missing smiling smiley

So it's basically stock?
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 8:24:19 pm
j/k

Well done. When I replaced my IMSB at 160k miles it was in very good condition with only a very small amount of play. Similarly I drive my car hard but I only change my oil every 7500 miles.
All hail Jaay!
Laz - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 2:47:07 pm
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 3:38:24 pm
That is funny as hell.
Very funny Laz--and sharp looking car, Jaay *NM*
MikenOH - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 3:54:59 pm
Jaay - Tuesday, 31 December, 2013, at 9:03:37 pm
How I feel it should have been stock. I feel that if the motor was offered the same year they should have optioned it. How it should have been done. Boxster S 3.2, Boxster GT 3.4, Boxster Turbo S. There never would have been a 911 Vs. Boxster issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login