Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
No kidding, it is this kind of thing that got me to finally pull the trigger on my first Porsche 14 years ago:

Click Here to See the Magic Pill

What are some of your alt reasons for buying one?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
snow chains for Suncoast?
grant - Saturday, 4 January, 2014, at 9:25:58 pm
you been sniffing those soldering fumes?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: snow chains for Suncoast?
eicheldp - Saturday, 4 January, 2014, at 9:59:33 pm
I remember driving with chains when I was younger. I also remember people coming into the garage after they threw a link and the chain beat a hole into the wheel well or the quarter panel.
that's why they invented
Harvey in FL - Sunday, 5 January, 2014, at 4:33:39 pm
studded show tires....the roads deteriated rappidly.

eicheldp
I remember driving with chains when I was younger. I also remember people coming into the garage after they threw a link and the chain beat a hole into the wheel well or the quarter panel.
Not sure what the question (What are some of your alt reasons for buying one?) has to do with snow chains but I have a cute story to tell.

We had just returned to Calif. from London and I was shopping for a car, something like a Buick Regal. My wife saw an ad for a 924 that had a very attractive price so we went and looked at it. Later as we settled in bed for the night she asked me what I thought about the Porsche. I expressed doubts, I thought the car might be hot because of the low price. My wife says "That's the difference between you and me, I'm a Porsche person and you're a Buick Regal person". The next day I owned my first Porsche.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Re: Alt Reasons to Own A Porsche.....
linklaw - Sunday, 5 January, 2014, at 10:38:37 am
Judging by your wife's automobile purchase in 1974, I understand her love of sports cars.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 11:05AM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
I posted this for 2 reasons:
1. I was wary of buying one thinking it may be a lie like my friend's Ferraris, and I could not own two cars. I needed an all weather, daily driver, and a dependable one. Availability of chains and pictures of these things blasting up snowy roads in the Alps clinched it for me. So, I figured I would pose the question to all.
2. As I composed the post, I chose the word "alt" because it can invoke some interesting responses. Just for fun. I wasn't interested in invoking the typical responses about how great these cars are.

Oh, I never purchased snow chains, but I always had a second set of rims with snow tires from year one.

I cross posted this over at Rennlist and got quite a lively, and funny set of responses. The "alt" was the trigger......

Thread over at Rennlist

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login