Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
if you have to shovel snow at night
Steve (Morro Bay) - Sunday, 16 February, 2014, at 1:06:32 pm
It's nice to do it by garage light.

I took this the night after returning to Iowa from a short work trip to a very toasty san luis obispo, which felt like a different planet.

[scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net]
Beautiful shot. *NM*
Laz - Sunday, 16 February, 2014, at 6:22:18 pm
Cool shot.
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 16 February, 2014, at 7:42:22 pm
What time of day was that taken? Dusk?

I like the halo effect over the house and trees. Light in the garage really sets it appart.
Re: Cool shot.
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 5:31:05 pm
Thanks Guenter. It was a little post dusk. Several things contribute to the lighting and halo effects. It's an HDR photo (which I think uses several shots instead of one, in order to better resolve things in bad lighting) and it's also a portion of a spherical panorama (something on some some android phones, using an algorithm similar to google's street view to stitch together different panels). I was really happy with it, but I probably couldn't repeat it. It was a lucky shot.
Re: Cool shot.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 5:54:02 pm
Steve (Iowa)
Thanks Guenter. It was a little post dusk. Several things contribute to the lighting and halo effects. It's an HDR photo (which I think uses several shots instead of one, in order to better resolve things in bad lighting) and it's also a portion of a spherical panorama (something on some some android phones, using an algorithm similar to google's street view to stitch together different panels). I was really happy with it, but I probably couldn't repeat it. It was a lucky shot.

Ah yes. Luck. Being in the right place at the right time, with the stars aligned and having your camera with you. smiling smiley Although, most people do have their smart phones with them all the time.

Every once in a while you're luck to get one of those special shots. I'd say that photo is one of them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login