Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Canine Seat & Carpet Protectors.....
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 24 February, 2014, at 2:18:28 pm
I'm sure many of you have found creative ways to protect and clean the seat and carpet from dog hair. What are they???

Here's one: [www.caninecovers.com]

Interesting hair remover: [www.amazon.com]

Obsessive compulsive cleaners who put their cars in half year hibernation will NEVER understand smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 02:25PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Nice posture by your passenger *NM*
Clam - Tuesday, 25 February, 2014, at 11:56:39 am
Pooch's name? Gender? *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 25 February, 2014, at 12:53:11 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Nice, pooch. My dogs are greyhounds, so they don't fit in the 911. In the Prius, I use a vacuum attachment that has soft bristles. It's not easy to get out of fabrics as the hairs get caught in the loop of the piles. I've also used basic sticky lint brush roller. Frequency is your friend in these cases. Don't let it go too long between cleanings. It's like getting into a ground war with China. Just too darn many of them. But, if dogs go in cars, one just has to deal with the hair. My wife usually sits in the back if we go out with people and drive. That way, at least one of the guests doesn't end up with dog hair.

One thought, if your expect to take your dog on drives frequently, maybe look into a removable seat cover. That way, most of the hair will stick to it and not get into the carpeted areas and floor mats.
Nice doggie. Nothing like this one:
Laz - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 12:34:13 pm
Was that really necessary? grinning smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 1:08:29 pm
That's one lucky Pup *NM*
DougW - Tuesday, 25 February, 2014, at 5:06:05 pm
Re: Canine Seat & Carpet Protectors.....
chris & 987 - Tuesday, 25 February, 2014, at 7:05:53 pm
I have not tried this yet in my boxster but in my last car I used a couch slip cover to cover the seat and mini bungie cords to make sure it stayed taunt. hope that helps.
Another idea for taking the dog....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 26 February, 2014, at 12:31:59 pm

Another possibility is to build a platform that fits over the rear seats in the 911/991. It can offer the dog a safe, and HOT, place to ride but keeps the Porsche carpet and leather somewhat clean.

G-man, with his showcase, 'white glove' clean, Boxster in half year garage hibernation, must be horrified by a utilitarian use of a car. grinning smiley At least the photo is of a German Shepard. winking smiley

He's been in all of them except the Cayman R. I'm not quite ready yet for that adventure, lol. Hope you are doing well.

Best regards, -rick.
Doing fine Rick, as I hope you are smileys with beer

He absolutely loves the 928, lol..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Thursday, 27 February, 2014, at 3:37:33 pm
Another pic.
Re: Canine Seat & Carpet Protectors.....User Report
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 11:33:04 am
Came in the mail yesterday, used it last night.

The darn thing works great! thumbs up

Get that doggie hair out of your carpet.....

Cute dog
Boxsterra - Sunday, 2 March, 2014, at 6:21:26 am
Your camera definitely has its exposure priorities out of wack. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 10:01AM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Canine Seat & Carpet Protectors.....
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 8 March, 2014, at 12:12:05 am
Canine seats?! We don't need no steen-king canine seats!

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 12:12AM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login