Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Help with Bose subwoofer
Obiwan - Monday, 10 March, 2014, at 9:32:52 pm
Been trying to disconnect my Bose subwoofer. I can't seem to access the wiring plug. I hear it is down by the passenger roll bar but I can't find it.
Could someone shed some light on this.
Re: Help with Bose subwoofer
Roger987 - Monday, 10 March, 2014, at 10:06:41 pm
It's hard to get at. Mine is behind a little flap in the carpeted hump behind the seats. The flap is more or less near the roll bar, on side of the hump facing the right (passenger) fender. The hump actually houses the subwoofer.

The wires leading to the plug are tight - there's no play. You may end up breaking the flap. Ask me how I know.
Re: Help with Bose subwoofer
TomBrand - Monday, 10 March, 2014, at 11:50:31 pm
Lift the top back as if to get to the engine, plug is on passenger side. The sub is easy to remove from there.
To gain better access to the connector ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 9:48:10 am
... after putting the top in service mode, undo the two quarter-turn fasteners on the top of the subwoofer compartment.
Now, move the passenger side of the compartment towards the back of the car and then to the right.
You may even have enough slack to rotate it forward so that you can see the bottom (and the connector).
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: To gain better access to the connector ...
Obiwan - Tuesday, 22 April, 2014, at 7:09:50 pm
I know it's been awhile but I just tried to remove the subwoofer and maybe I' m stupid but I can't seem to unplug the sub woofer assembly... Is this the plug that is under the
Assembly on the passenger 's side. I don't want to break anything but I can't budge it even tough I'm pinching the plastic tabs....

Maples - Wednesday, 23 April, 2014, at 1:33:08 am
The plug is on the passenger side next to the roll bar as others have said, this on a North American car. I had the same problem on my 2005 S. The access hatch is too small to get your fingers in there and apply enough force.

As Pedro stated I ended up rotating the whole unit toward the passenger side and was then able to lift it up to see the connector, even then I couldn't press the tabs hard enough to release it. I eventually used a screwdriver to carefully pry the plastic tabs apart, one at a time, to release the connector.

On you photo, although it's not that clear the tabs are on the right end of the connector, in theory you squeeze the tabs on the right end of the connector which will pull the other end away, that is towards the top & bottom in the pic, away from the sides of the connector then it will pull apart.

It is stiff and needs some patience. I will be doing exactly this at the weekend as I will be replacing my air filter.

Good luck.
TomBrand - Wednesday, 23 April, 2014, at 7:13:20 pm
Cut the wires, the sub is not worth a crap anyhow
BLKBOXS - Friday, 25 April, 2014, at 8:01:16 pm
TomBrand
Cut the wires, the sub is not worth a crap anyhow

It actually works quite well.grinning smiley There is nothing better than cruising topless listening to "Aerosmith - Dream On" or "Engelbert Humperdinck- last waltz"

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login