Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hello to all,

I posted a while back an issue with my 2000 Boxster - after fueling up, hard start problem. I have done some research and have purchased a Fuel Vapor Canister Purge Valve and a Regeneration Valve.

After reading so much on this topic, I feel this are the two valves that "might" help me with the problem I am having after fueling the vehicle and hard starts after the engine is HOT.

I thought both these or at least one was located in the front passenger wheel well - big mistake. Come to find out that the Regeneration Valve is located under the intake, driver side.

1. what is the easiest way to remove and replace this valve?

2. I could not find the purge valve - where is it and what is the best way to remove and replace this valve.

If these two don't help my problem I will have to take it to Weston to see Pedro. Any help on these two issues would be most appreciated.

r/,

Fern
Take a look at this thread, I just went through this.

[986forum.com]
Hey - thanks a lot. How about the purge valve - can you point me in the right direction on its location on the car / engine?

thanks - the post helps me out tremendously - I was already wrapping my head on removing the left hand intake manifold.

Fern
I just replaced the Regeneration Valve.

It was easier than what it appeared. If you follow the link that San Rensho sent me - it was a breeze. The hardest part was gaining access to the nut under the LH manifold that holds the regeneration valve cable in place with a clamp. I did manage to get a 8mm open end and was able to remove without breaking like the link suggested. Aside from that pretty straight forward and a couple of deep breath.

We took it for a drive and made sure the engine was at normal operating temperature - turned it off and on with no problem what so ever.

In addition, stopped by and fueled the car to see if it cleared the hard to start problem after fueling that we had - it cleared that issue as well.

If anyone on the forum is suffering from these same symptoms - it might be your purge valve located under the LH (driver's side) manifold and the other end under the car (same side).

thanks again San Rensho for pointing me in the right direction - I am in the good graces of the wifey again..

Fern
Glad it worked out. I took a lot of time researching the problem, with no definitive answer. Some people spent thousands replacing all the solenoid valves, carbon canister, etc. with no results. But when I pinched off the hose from the purge valve connecting to the throttle body and everything was fixed, I took a chance on the purge valve and that was it.
Can you point me in the right direction of were the "Purge Valve," part number 996-605-201-01/244 and part number 7.22098.04.0 is located on the car?

I want to change this part out, but can't find its location.

thanks,

Fern
Both numbers are on the box the purge valve came in.

thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login