Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
TPMS info
Obiwan - Thursday, 10 April, 2014, at 9:21:45 pm
Just want to reaffirm what I found out about TPMS on my 2007 Boxster. I'm getting a message that states TPMS system inactive.....system learning. I'm assuming that the
batteries are dead. If I order new sensors and install them will the car recognize them. The best price I find is $353.00 for 4 sensors OEM. My TPMS shows no reading for the
driver's side of the car.
Re: TPMS info
db997S - Friday, 11 April, 2014, at 9:37:36 am
It could be the batteries. My 2009 did that after a tire change, though. Got freaked out, but after a couple of miles driving, they came back on. If your car has been sitting a while waiting out the winter, the system may have shut down to save the main battery. If you've driven it several miles and are still getting the reading, I'd say that it's batteries and change out all four at the same time for convience. I don't know the system well enough to say whether the 2007 TPMS is compatible with 2014, though, so can't help you there.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 11 April, 2014, at 10:19:10 am
If you got 7 years out of your TPMS sensor batteries, you did well. That's roughly the life expectancy, so you might as well replace all 4 at the same time. Here's the link to a post I made after a friend's 997 had to have the sensors replaced. You'll need to get the sensors programmed to work with the system. He said the mechanic didn't have to remove the tires from the rims. Just let the air out, then reached in to replace the sensors.

[pedrosboard.com]
Obiwan - Saturday, 12 April, 2014, at 10:50:04 pm
How do you get the sensors programmed. Does the supplier do it or do you have to get the dealer involved ?
TPMS info update
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 12 April, 2014, at 11:00:49 pm
Had someone on another board post that he just installed the the sensors and the car just recognized them after being driven a short time without any programming. He had ordered OEM sensors online.
If the correct sensors are installed ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 13 April, 2014, at 12:02:43 pm
... the vehicle's TPMS will pick up their signal automatically.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
we're now getting into that window where a lot of people will have to start replacing those sensors.
Re: TPMS info update
Obiwan - Monday, 14 April, 2014, at 12:00:05 am
Thanks guys for the help. Next move is to order them and install.....
I hadn't realized that it could be done without removing the tire from the wheel. If so, I'll certainly be doing this myself soon.
... you have to let out all the air and break the bead in order to get to the sensor.
Not a DIY if you don't have the proper tools, such as a tire mounting machine or you'll damage your wheels.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: TPMS info update
Obiwan - Tuesday, 22 April, 2014, at 6:43:19 pm
Found this online .....not sure if they are quality parts or not. Has anyone heard of this place before.....

[www.tpmsbuyer.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login