Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Drove it to work today in fact.

Great to be back in the Boxster. A lively little car with light handling and one that I can really "throw" around relatively speaking. The shifting is quite smooth and quick. The biggest problem is adapting to the difference in the clutch compared to the other car. I'm not quite as smooth all the time as I was before the accident. Oh, and I reach for the controls on the dash at the wrong places, thinking I'm still in the other car.

I'm interested in seeing if the "new" converters make any difference in fuel economy. I've already mentioned (in another post) how quiet the car is now that the rattling converter is off the car.

The issue is now which car to take on a tentatively scheduled upcoming road trip? The Boxster is running good again and while I can't lay back the seat to nap like I can in the 996 the Boxster's better gas mileage and the fact another 5K miles won't make a difference had me leaning towards taking the Boxster. Well those plus the car has fresh brakes, good tires, and has a bit more cargo space. I need to carry some personal items back with me.

As expected I'm still going around with the other driver's insurance company about the loss of use of vehicle settlement that is due me. The other driver's insurance company responded to the complaint I filed with the CA Department of Insurance with info that I can show by emails and letters I received is wrong. I just have to find the time today or tomorrow to polish my response letter and make copies of all the supporting documents.
Insurance companies, no matter what they cover, always try and grind you down in hopes that you eventually will go away. Sadly, the majority of people do simply give up eventually. Keep up the fight. Oh, and take the Boxster. It is a great roadtrip car. Plus, after what she's been through, she deserves to get out and stretch her legs a little.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login