Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Sometimes you meet a man who deserves a mention
Alcantera - Monday, 31 January, 2011, at 9:14:44 pm
Today we travelled to dundas Ontario to see how the body work on my friends 356 was coming along. This was my first trip to "Bobbies place" Bob is a 75 year old retired body man . He owns a beautiful home ,which he built that overlooks Hamilton. The garage was really amazing the 356 was on top off a jig that Bob had made . His floor was built in the garage as flat as possible then the jigs are laser levelled and the car body's are built to very precise specs. His floor has about twenty 4'' holes with caps on them . I inquired about them and bob said look in one . Each hole was and anchor and chain which he uses to pull bodies square . On the hoist was a 348 Ferrari which had been hit, Bob had blue prints that he had made with every dimension and angle for the complete rear of the car. He had and his friend had taken known dimensions and the scaled from Ferrari illustrations and drawings. He showed me how Every part he had rebuilt or repaired fit perfectly . the frame mounts joined the original body and nothing had to be pryed. I'm sure anyone who welds can appreciate how difficult that can be. I have had the pleasure of working with some very talented trades people but this guy is one of the best!! Besides restoring a Ferrari for your self when you 75 sure beats sitting by the fire in your rocking chair. the finger smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login