Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
While i'll never likely join the Q-tips and chamois set, i'm expanding my horizons beyond grease, cones and checkered flags.

NNJR-PCA ran a neat event yesterday - a TREK/Rally/Oktoberfest. The event left Morristown NJ a bit before noon, and took a beautiful winding road path to the Carriage House in Barryville, NY. The location was, of course, secret. Barryville is on the Deleware, and the ride up NY-97 is spectacular, as are many of the country roads in the area.

The event was kept fun. while it was a TSD rally, it was also a gimmick/trivia rally, kept fun for those not into "tenths of tenths" and odo calibration. It was more of an entertaining drive up great roads to a very nice German food and beer destination.

Oddly, i didn't actually participate. About the time the TREK left Morristown, NJ heading north, I left family in Williamstown, MA heading south (down country roads, then the Taconic State Parkway and Speed Trap) to rendez-vous with them at the Carriage House. OK, some may have known the secret. Shhhh.

Turnout was ~45 cars --> 90 people (???!!!). Great weather, great fun. Ont he way home one of the route planners took a few of us track rats on even better, but longer, roads home. It took us vastly less time than the short route did - you do the math :-)

Overall it made for a long, but enjoyable day. For the trekkers there were up to four distinct parts to the day: 1) the rally, 2) the drive through some beautiful vistas and windy roads, 3) the party/Oktoberfest and 4) the canyon-carving return run home ( looking all the time at wondrous historical sites, and, uh, wild turkeys).

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login