Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Sunny here, 60 F, so top down
EdSac - Wednesday, 2 February, 2011, at 6:57:44 pm
It has been very foggy here for some time, but now the sun is out. We went for a drive about 60 miles east of Sacramento to the foothills of the Sierra, and a couple of wineries there. We recommend Story Winery east of Plymouth in the "Shenandoah Valley" for it's Zins.

Incidentally, I don't have a Boxster anymore. I was one of the few whose car was a lemon which needed to be fixed twice a year for several thousands of $'s. At least the IMS didn't give way. But that's another thread...

On the way up...

[i114.photobucket.com]

One of the wineries and my top down car...

[i114.photobucket.com]

Fun in the sun...

[i114.photobucket.com]

Stay warm

Ed
Yes, it had been very foggy until yesterday when that strong north wind blew it away. Although, as in the Bay Area, it's been clear above about 1500 feet.

The car is a 2009 Infiniti G37S hard top convertible.

The car drives like a Boxster with an additional 1000 pounds. The roads we went on today have been traveled by us many times in the Boxster. I really can't tell much difference as I pretty much never drove the Boxster to it's limits. The Infiniti actually has a better power to weight ratio than my '98 2.5L. The Infiniti has a seven speed auto with five shift modes! Of course, 1,000 pounds does make a difference. But the better power, I think, makes up for it with my driving style.

I did very much like the Boxster, but like Dennis from PA, the repairs and unreliability made me bail.
seem to be quite happy with the brand and their selection.

Enjoy your new ride!

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login